Trying to keep track of my portfolio/buys/sells, any tips?

Hey everyone thanks for your replies. Cointracking seems to bit a bit more than I need in features, but also I dont really want to pay as I’m very down on money right now!

Does anyone have any good free alternatives? My main needs are :slight_smile:

• shows the average cost I paid for a coin when I bought at many different times
  • can be used from anywhere, so preferably email login
  • can be backed up if its phone only

:slight_smile:

I am using BitUniverse on android atm and I am pretty happy with how it works. And completely free! You will need to match it with the API’s of your exchanges and it updates itself every 5 minutes (I just use it to watch the status of my portfolio, so my API’s are set up for Read only and not trading enabled). You can see several features like total and each coin holdings, value, 24h and lifetime profit, average cost, each transaction with its fees. It has graphics, watchlist… Its enough for me.

yes thanks that would be helpful

PM sent! Let me know if you have any questions; it is very self-intuitive though.

I have been using cointracker.io and it´s really good!! I´m also from the UK.

Hey guys

So if I use Cointracking.inof and use the API feature, which as far as I can tell does include deposits and withdrawals, then if I do it for all exchanges I use, it should calculate everything for me?

Will it continue to keep it updated? It says in the free version you dont get automatic API updates

As far as I can see, cointracker.io is free to use. For Tax you have to pay.

Once connecting the various api’s, it updates periodically or you can ‘refresh’ by hand.
io

It works…

I also use https://www.cointracker.io and it’s the best I have tested. :cupid:

Thanks guys that’s good to know.

How can we be sure it is safe? They say to only give view only when we setup API. Does that mean there is a way to give them fully access to our accounts?

if you think at any moment cointracker.io is unsafe you can always delete the api key setting on the exchange you created it and that is it. Other than that you trust that exchange to provide read only info to a 3rd party app etc…

Guys if anyone can help me I’d appreciate it, I’m struggling to get on top of this.

I’ve searched high and low, tried Delta, Blockfolio, Cointracker.io, Cointracking.info etc.

I started a few months ago and bought loads of little bits of ETH, BTC and LTC on Coinbase, and then on GDAX. I bought some with my card with £GBP on coinbase, then started doing bank transfers in Euros.

Then I transferred bits over to Binance and Kucoin, and made various buys and sells. I stupidly didint track any of it apart from the holdings I had of a coin.

Now I just cant find an app or website that lets me get it all together. I tried importing CSV’s into cointracking.info but it all came up strangely, and wouldnt let me upload the ones for my Euro wallet.

Do any of these trackers make it so you can input your bank deposits in various currencies, and then when you buy BTC you can deduct that from the Fiat. And then when you buy other alts deduct that from the one you bought it with?

All I need really is the average cost I paid for each coin so I know when I’m in profit or loss. But this gets confusing when you sell ETH to buy alts etc.

I can’t wait to sort this all out!

cointracking.info is my absolute go-to. It’s a robust platform and will display pretty much anything you want. I use it to track my average price per coin; in btc value or dollar value.

Just reread your comment about the Euro wallet…sorry, I didn’t notice that before. I’m in the USA so I haven’t had to deal with anything other than dollar fiat. Although I’m pretty sure the software is non-US based so I’d think there’s a way to display the kind of data you’re looking for.

Thanks, yeah I tried using cointracking.info and impoting the CSV files but it just didnt work properly, and it couldnt do my fiat deposits. Also, I dont have much money and would rather find something free!

I actually think cointracker.io might be more useful for me. Its much simpler, Im just no totally sure it has everything I need!

Its one of those situations where I wish I’d kept track from the start!

Thanks for your help

I use https://www.cointracker.io everyday and i can honestly say it´s the best portfolio tracker I have used, and i have used a lot. tracks all coins, has in built prices page, tax, info on all transactions. perfect imo.

Do you use the API feature? I’m a bit paranoid about giving them access even if it’s read only.

Do you also use the wallets feature? I have coins stored on various unsupported wallets and just not sure how to make that all work with cointracker

Ive been tackling with cointracking and on my 4th account now lol. But after reading this post I have made my final account (fingers crossed). Ive just grabbed the data and downloaded for each of my coins (max 3 months but ok as started in dec 17) and input into CT. Im seeing lots of data now and all looks good. Im not paying for it and if you get in a muddle just search each coin in Binance Trade History, download it, enter it and voila!! (It’s not looking as good as I thought but that’s ok, early days). I was importing from coinbase and all sorts but this will do for me :slight_smile:

The Binance API is a bit different than say Bittrex or Coinbase in that it requires you to put in all of your trading pairs as Binance will not allow for just a full call of every pairing.

The API for coinbase went through a change at the beginning of the year and required one to setup a new key. Coinbase is also slow to respond I have often found it may take a couple of days for some of your trades to show up, but eventually they do. If you find it is not tracking one of your wallets double check your API to make sure you have the correct read options checked.

Overall it was a bit of work to get things straight on Cointracking.info but after I learned what I was doing and a couple of weeks of tracking stuff I was able to get things straight and love it.

Thanks guys. I feel for my needs I just want a free app, as Ive lost a fair bit recently and dont need any more outgoings!

I’m also a bit unsure about using API, partly for security reasons, also because I’ve read so many people having troubles with everything calculating properly, updating etc. not following deposits and withdrawals etc.

I think I might go through the laborious task of entering everything in to cointracker.io manually. once I am satisfied that its all correct, I will just keep up to date manually for my long term hold portfolio.

I think then I will have a seperate trading portfolio which I deal with differently. I havent worked that out yet!

Yes i have all the API features set for the exchanges i use. all free which is nice too.