Safe guard Bitcoin using Ledger Nano S on IMAC USB 3.0

Hi folks, I am definitely a newbie and was wondering if anyone knows how to move bitcoin from coinbase or binance to Ledger Nano s using an IMAC or MAC with a USB 3.0 port? I read the Ledger Nano S does not support USB 3.0 directly but there are cables etc. available to that will allow one to do this. This is a huge need for me as I only have an IMAC with a USB 3.0 and I suspect there are many others in this predicament who would also like to use the Ledger Nano S wallet…many thanks…Sterl

I use a Trezor wallet. Wishing you a good solution with your cable adapters and such.

FloridaWater
Patron

May 11

I use a Trezor wallet. Wishing you a good solution with your cable adapters and such.

HI John, well as it turns out I’m finished with Ledge Nano S…it’s not as intuitive as one would think and the support is next to none. Having said this I am done with gripping :slight_smile: and now I have decided to take your suggestion and use a Trezor wallet. I have a couple of questions though:

1. Can it store any of the following tokens,

EOS

XLM

TRX

ZIL

ICX

XEM

ZRX

These are the ones I’m interested in.

1. And secondly a question not related to a wallet…I get my funds from my bank via coinbase but as a newbie with no history to speak of I am restricted as to how much I can withdraw from my bank and it is frustrating especially now since as you probably have noticed the market is way down presenting a wonderful opportunity to buy coins at a great price. So, do you know of another exchange like coinbase which I can use to withdraw larger amounts of cash from my bank to purchase BTC and then convert it into the above tokes via Binance?

Many thanks for your kind thoughtfulness in reaching out to me with your earlier suggestion … my frustration with Ledger Nano S has all but disappeared since you told me about the Trazor wallet.

Sterl

Hey Sterl,

Yeah, if you do some research on the Nano Ledger S, people are having issues with some of their tokens disappearing using that wallet too. The Trezor is way better imo. No issues yet. Just hide your seed well. Most of the currencies you mentioned are ERC-20 tokens so you can put them on your Trezor via MyEtherWallet.com You can research on google or the Trezor website which cryptos the Trezor wallet supports. You send the ERC-20 tokens to your ETH wallet on your Trezor and then add the token contracts in MEW so you can see them. I encourage you to use the search function here in the pub as there are numerous tutorials about that.

Cheers!

John Dailey

Ps. Max your limits in Coinbase and also open an account on Kraken to max your limits there ASAP.

Pss. I dont know where you’re located but if you’re in the US just buy as many Bitcoins as possible on localbitcoins.com via cash deposit in a reputable vendor’s bank. Get rid of all your cash and load up on BTC ASAP. We’re going to the moon!

Psss. Depending on you right location, download the BitPay app or Xapo app on your smartphone and get a BitPay or Xapo debit card ASAP so you can spend crypto wherever VISA is accepted. If you’re already on Coinbase get their debit card too. You could get the TenXPay card too but I don’t have one. Last time I checked I wasn’t liking their fees.

FloridaWater

Patron

May 13

Hey Sterl,

Yeah, if you do some research on the Nano Ledger S, people are having issues with some of their tokens disappearing using that wallet too. The Trezor is way better imo. No issues yet. Just hide your seed well. Most of the currencies you mentioned are ERC-20 tokens so you can put them on your Trezor via MyEtherWallet.com You can research on google or the Trezor website which cryptos the Trezor wallet supports. You send the ERC-20 tokens to your ETH wallet on your Trezor and then add the token contracts in MEW so you can see them. I encourage you to use the search function here in the pub as there are numerous tutorials about that.

Cheers!

John Dailey

Ps. Max your limits in Coinbase and also open an account on Kraken to max your limits there ASAP.

Pss. I dont know where you’re located but if you’re in the US just buy as many Bitcoins as possible on localbitcoins.com via cash deposit in a reputable vendor’s bank. Get rid of all your cash and load up on BTC ASAP. We’re going to the moon!

Hi again John,

Just to let you know I went to localbitcoins.com and found out I am not eligible to use their site since I live in NY…but, that’s ok as I am grateful to be part of this new adventure in any capacity and feel good as far as I have come.

Cheers,

Sterl

Hey Sterl,

Okay, I remember seeing that about New York too. I wonder if it’s okay if you go and do it in New Jersey. Perhaps not worth the trip. Kraken is a good exchange to max your limits on too.

I would also recommend getting a Coinbase debit card so you can spend some of your crypto as USD if need be. I use the BitPay mobile app and I ordered their Visa debit card. The card works well, even here in Europe. I can withdraw USD when in the US or Euros here in Europe at the ATM. The card works as a normal debit card with/without pin at vendors that accept Visa and charges a minimal international transaction fee.

Cheers!

John

FloridaWater

Patron

May 13

Hey Sterl,

Okay, I remember seeing that about New York too. I wonder if it’s okay if you go and do it in New Jersey. Perhaps not worth the trip. Kraken is a good exchange to max your limits on too.

I would also recommend getting a Coinbase debit card so you can spend some of your crypto as USD if need be. I use the BitPay mobile app and I ordered their Visa debit card. The card works well, even here in Europe. I can withdraw USD when in the US or Euros here in Europe at the ATM. The card works as a normal debit card with/without pin at vendors that accept Visa and charges a minimal international transaction fee.

Cheers!

John