Jordan Belfort aka the wolf of wall street warning against Bitcoin

You know you’re in for some real useful information, when the video is prefaced with “I looked into Bitcoin a long time ago, and never bought”.

Well, if you were wrong then and fucked up, then why should we listen now? Clearly your judgement is impaired. You didn’t grasp it then, and you don’t grasp it now. :joy:

This guy is the biggiest crook. He came to Australia few years ago and ripped off the goverment. Once a Scammer always a scammer.

I agree that the banks and the governments will not go down quietly and just embrace decentralized currency.

These two are very big institutions that work hand in hand. He fears that this is a losing battle because there is no way these two will just hand over the control back to the people.

I kind of feel that this is a revolution that can drag on for a decade or two.

Projects like cardano might be of great help during this transition because it plans to bridge the whole crypto economy and also create a bridge between the old centralized fiat to our new world order of decentralized currency. (Provided companies like IOHK is left alone by governments)

I just hope we win during our lifetime to enjoy the gains.

I’m waiting for him to say he’ll eat his dick on live TV if it doesn’t go to zero…THEN I might listen…

Jordan Belfort may have a dubious reputation but Robert Shiller certainly doesn’t. Here’s some of his interviews where he talks about bitcoin.

When someone starts talking repetitively I know its bullshit.

Dope last name. #Shiller

Woah… what happened?

Here u go.

Watch "Jordan Belfort Caught Scamming in Australia - “The Wolf of Queensland " (2015)” on YouTube

Lol that’s wild! Just fleecing the taxpayers

Once a scammer. Always a scammer. It’s all he knows.
So when Jordan says something, you best do the opposite.

Exactly. The exact opposite.

I like the part int he video where he tells the salepeople he snorts coke to get him energized.
You literally can’t make this shit up.

Shouldn’t he be dead by now?

But he clearly cares about his “followers” :roll_eyes:

Yes, “should” be dead. He must have body guards on hire.

His handlers aren’t done with him just yet. He’s got much FUD to spread on their behalf. #WallStreet #Banksters

Thank you very much for sharing!
That’s… disturbing.

Okay by changing “Bitcoin” for some scammy ICOs in some sentences, digging deep into what he could mean, reading between the lines, disregarding some things altogether and knowing he speaks to millennials, here are some lessons to be learnt from his talk:

• find coins that have something to it, application or useful technology, instead of coins just being cryptocurrency and that being their only value. Most of the “hey, I’m a cryptocurrency, gimme money!” coins that are so popular right now will turn out to be a scam and can totally be illegal.

• speaking of which, because the market is new, crazy, and largely not regulated in any way, there is a possibility that regulations that have to come eventually will have negative impact on the whole market, not only on scammers. In the process, in some countries what we know is good and healthy may become illegal/very hard to do as an effect of those regulations.

• don’t invest money in cryptocurrency just to “get rich quick”, without thinking and researching. It’s a volatile market, and just jumping into it, without any knowledge, strong hands, may really end up badly. Trying to predict the price and earning money just on it is kind of similar to Forex trading and we all know that’s not the best place for inexperienced people. It also adds to the negative buzz around the blockchain technology, which is great concept.

• the best (not the easiest) way to make the blockchain technology widely used and earn money off it is to make it popular and widely used, and market the technology, not the “big gainz no sweat now type of message!”

@Alicja please change avatar.

You have been always the most wise, bright and amazing person I knew. Some things never change, and some things do.