Initiative Q (free airdrop)

airdrop

When i start getting invites from randos on linkedin… well.

duckduckgo

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully netziens will find this thread when they search!

what confuses me is… i don’t see where the scam is. they aren’t asking for hardly any information. they aren’t selling tokens like an ICO. what is the angle?
i mean i know they aren’t going to have a valid product or anything, so wtf is this?

I just signed up for this on Facebook.

Thought I would share my link here, if that is allowed. Apparently, you will get free currency for sign up… I mean it’s free, so… not much to lose…?

They just need your email / name to signup

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it’s ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There’s nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot.

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/B8g13AHT7

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

moving this to the q thread of spam/scam

It’s a scam if they get paid and everyone else just wasted their time signing up for stuff.

I removed cryptos from my linkedin profile coz i literally had 5-10 people each day that contact me telling me about their ico

Just signed using your link. Verify when you get a chance :wink:

If anyone still need one:

Personally, I don’t think it’s a scam BUT I think the airdrop is hardly going to be worth more than a few dollars.

i guess i don’t see where they are making money. who is paying them?

It is really strange. I would be also very interested to understand what is the business model here. The page looks good though. Quite a lot of effort for a scam, which at least at this stage does not bring anything to them, I would say…

It is also annoying to have all the crypto and also IT oriented groups/ forums spammed by these ref links.

I registered from pure curiosity what will happen afterwards. However I’m pretty sure this airdop will be worthless.
So if anyone need more invites here is also mine to share:

Thanks for the link to Intiative Q, I used one of your invites. I’m interested in private currencies (to weaken the dictatorship of the Fed). Like you said, not sure if this project will amount to anything but I want to support anyone willing to try.

Yep this is a scam! They just got millions of Legal first and last names, age, addressees, gender and whatever they required for the signup. These people will sell all your data to marketing companies. Dont be surprised if you see a sudden increase in spam mails…

They are selling your data to marketing companies, who spam your inbox :slight_smile: