GPU MINING For DUMMIES: A complete guide on GPU mining

Excellent guide! Thanks for being such a great citizen of the #CryptoNation!!! A suggestion for next guide (if planned) How to get the most popular mining OSes running. This caused me quite a lot of pain and I imagine others might have the same experience (talking about for example simpleminingOS, which initially cost me a lot of time and effort to get going).

yeah my next guide will be more focused on the GPUs/drivers/bios/mining OS

My friend… CONGRATS. You have earned yourself the SO AMAZE :doge: BADGE!

11 PM

This is absolutely amazing. Let’s pump this up!

Tweeted. You da man. :rocket:

I can not see a reason NOT to mine LTC - please help!

Thank you peter… just trying to chip in where I can like you have done so many times for the CryptoNation.

I havent read it yet. Just wanted to thank you real quick :slight_smile:
Will read it over the weekend :slight_smile:

YOOOOO I BOOKMARKED THIS! :doge:

So Amaze, thank you!

Thank you , this is super informative especially as i am in the process of buying my RIGS components

Very cool. Will read it all :smiley:

I am new at this! Can you use the Antminer D3 15 GH/s to mine Zcoin?

The D3 mines X11 algorithms.

Zcash uses equihash

so no you could not use a D3 to mine X11

that said… you dont need to. the D3 antminer is by far the most profitable ASIC miner we have seen. at current difficulty with 0.10 Kw/h electrical costs you are profitting 1500-3000 per month. although thats with a current batch. who knows what the difficulty spikes look like in december

Thank You!! What coins would you recommend?

Would a computer like this one work or would a person be better off to build one?

SkyTech Omega Gaming Computer Desktop PC Intel i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, Liquid Cooled, GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250G SSD, 2TB HDD, 16GB DDR4, Z270 Motherboard, Win 10 Pro

Will it work? yes… anything with a GT1070 will mine profitably.

that said, that machine isnt a good choice for mining. you have more RAM then you need. it wont help mine. and the i7 is going to consume power will not adding anything to how much you mine.

when you want max hashrate and minimum power. those high end components besides the GPU will increase power without helping the hashrate. you actually want great GPUs and then the other components you want the minimum just ot keep it running to keep power low

I agree with @JasonMasterNET. That computer will mine but is overkill if it is purchased just for mining. For the same price (maybe a little more), you can probably build a 6 GPU rig.

Is it possible to use a mixed of Nvidia GPUs? For example, I have a gaming PC with a single GTX 1080Ti, currently mining ZCash, while I’m not using the computer, which is most of the time. If I wanted to improve the Hashing power, can I add a GTX 1070 to the motherboard and still have it work together, or would I need to buy another 1080Ti?

It will work.
Although if you buy the 1080, the hashing power will be higher.