Enlightenment of the day

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom; mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power - Lao Tzu :dove:

To attain knowledge, add things everyday. To attain wisdom, remove things every day. - Lao Tzu :dove:

nice, do you meditate?

"Act without acting on. Work without working at.

But beware of those who promise quick and easy solutions! Accept problems as challenges.

In this way, the sage accomplishes great tasks without ever having to struggle with them."

-Lao Tzu

Morning Timbo, no i do not meditate. I am very interested in philosophy. how about yourself?

hey man, yea sometimes I do.
It helps with concentration, usually I’m pretty easily distracted.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. Albert Einstein

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. Aristotle

Listen to the silence inside the illusion of the world. Jack Kerouac

This one wow

I would say to you, if you are interested in philosophy, be cautious with the mystical stuff. If you pay attention they will toss Metaphysics, Epistemology, and sometimes Ontology into the trash can. And usually it’s because they (those 3 subcategories) interfere with the premise that allows them to present and defend their philosophy. If you DO gravitate to the high flying stuff, and you start to buy into it wholly and without question, you will be in danger of losing your moral independence.

Just a friendly caution. It most certainly is “…that dear delight…”

“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.”
― Og Mandino

perspective is everything in life :lovecat:

Make improvements, not excuses. Seek respect, not attention.
Roy T. Bennett

Something I struggle with. Not sure why I seek attention and have so many excuses

Don’t Just

Don’t just learn, experience.
Don’t just read, absorb.
Don’t just change, transform.
Don’t just relate, advocate.
Don’t just promise, prove.
Don’t just criticize, encourage.
Don’t just think, ponder.
Don’t just take, give.
Don’t just see, feel.
Don’t just dream, do.
Don’t just hear, listen.
Don’t just talk, act.
Don’t just tell, show.
Don’t just exist, live.
Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Ahh another one we should really think about and do

Mind is a flexible mirror, adjust it, to see a better world.
Amit Ray

Interesting :thinking:

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

How do I become bitcoin ajhussi

Sometimes we have to soak ourselves in the tears and fears of the past to water our future gardens.
Suzy Kassem

Really think about this!

very few things are truly a waste
they are collections of experiences that have (currently) unknown value.

@john Saddington

Think about this one too guys!

“Striking thoughts” is a daily read for me.

the legend lives on.