[ELA] Elastos HQ (ICO, tokens, wallet, trade)

neoico
elastos
nep5
dahong

I’ve no idea of the timeframe of when he said it. Otherwise I would link it.

I’m blessed with ICO. Bought from ICX profit and now at $40 average. :frowning: I’ve got few hopiums…

How much ICO? …

Its available at huobi, hbus and kucoin under $3. I think this is an excellent opportunity for people who believe in this project. 2.71 was my entry point and i got a bagful of these bad boys. Let’s pray and hope…

@escalade0709
I believe it was a little over $18. this is why i say right now is the perfect time for entering into this project, since it is selling under the ICO price. What a time to be alive :slight_smile:

I’m almost positive that was the public ICO price…I think they had a couple rounds private before where angel investors got it on the LOW. Way lower than public ICO price.

For some reason i believe that to be around anywhere between 3 and 5 dollars…

Yeah guys check Jimmy Lipham, great support for Elastos! Check his videos, thats not the usual crypto buy because i think this and that. Insights of a dev. Quote from Rong Chen when he talked with Jimmy: “I was looking for years for someone like you” (may be not exactly that but with that meaning). https://twitter.com/jimmylipham?lang=de

Elastos would it be worth starting to DCA or dip into at current price. Keen to get the pubs thoughts on this one? On looking into they seem to be have a good board/team behind it.

@peter is it true that you mentioned this one at the end of one of your steams of late?

I would recommend getting into ELA now, yes.

What is it you like about elastos and where do you see it going? keen to know more about it etc

You can use the internet & own your data. Essentially a decentralized internet. The founder Rong Chen worked on Microsoft Vista & Elastos has been 18 yrs in the making. Guys like Jimmy Lipham, Chico Crypto & Blue Collar Crypto on Youtube will be able to elaborate on the positives of this project far more than I can so i’d recommend checking them out & seeing if its something you feel comfortable investing into.

It wasnt recently, probably back in Mar/Apr

If you can find link to it then would appreciate it so can listen in. cheers

I went through the DCTV channel the other day & its not there. I checked Bitesize Bitcoin too & no luck. I definitely remember it. Im sure a live viewer asked him about it so he went on the site. Im sure someone else in this thread remembers it. He doesnt DCA it though, i know that.

Not to be rude guys, but who cares whether or not Peter likes the project? Embrace your independence, find your self worth, and make your own decisions.

(Sorry Marc, I didn’t mean to reply directly to your post, as I was speaking in general terms and didn’t mean to direct that at you)

No worries @Nathan_D

I believe it is even longer than that. If you remember what a Palm is then you will have an idea of how long ELA has been in the making.

Some people have been DM’ing me asking me why I’m so bullish on ELA. I figured I might as well copy and paste my response here for everyone to see. It’s long, but I definitely worth reading if you want a basic summary of the potential of this project. @peter, you may also be interested in this.

ELASTOS

The current internet works by sending and receiving data packets between devices, but routed through centralized servers. This creates a ton of problems:

1. It’s ineffective because the data has to be routed through numerous congested points, slowing it down.

2. Servers can be offline or moved, making the data inaccessible.

3. Data can be blocked or censored (example being the great firewall of china, governments crack down, etc).

4. Data can be intercepted by middle man attacks, modifying it, adding harmful viruses, or spying on data.

5. The current internet does not have a built in commerce platform. Right now all that is built on top of it, which is highly inefficient.

6. The internet has become incredibly centralized, as the majority of data is routed through Facebook, Google, etc.

Rong Chen, a senior developer for Microsoft, worked on many projects that specialized in developing new network protocols, low level programing languages, etc. Shit I don’t really understand, and didn’t look too deep into. But over the course of 2001 and onward, he started to envision a proper decentralized internet, and understood that some of the projects he was working on contained theory that could help his vision.

At the same time, other developers were creating new innovative ideas. Along came apps like Napster and the invention of direct peer-to-peer (P2P) software. This allowed data to be sent directly from one device to the other, without the need to access data from centralized servers. Later came came Ethereum and alternate use cases for blockchain tech, allowing the ability to create immutable identities for improved security.

All these advancements were applicable to Rong’s vision.

Enter Elastos.

Literally over a decade’s worth of work, over 14 million lines of code, with contributions from over 400 developers. It’s a new networking platform, essentially a new internet that makes the old one obsolete. Here are the benefits:

1. Everything is P2P, meaning that there are no more centralized servers. This means it’s censorship resistant.

2. Every person has an ID on the ELA blockchain, and all data is registered to an ID. When data packets are sent from one person to the other, they’re encrypted using that unique ID. When received, it’s decrypted and verified. This means that it’s private, secure, and it’s impossible for there to be man-in-the-middle attacks. No more trojans, no more malware, etc. Computer viruses are essentially a thing of the past.

3. All files become digital assets. Each file is registered to a user ID. This means that all files have built in copyright protection through the blockchain. Think of this like VeChain for digital files. If the file is registered to your ID, then you can track to see who shared it, who watched, who has it.

4. The network has a built in currency (ELA). This is no longer an added layer, but built right into the network for efficiency and ease of use.

5. Digital assets can have a custom accessibility through smart contracts. An example is a Hollywood movie. Say SONY makes Tranformers 15 (lol). They can set the accessibility to be public for the first 10 minutes of the movie, yet make it 1 ELA (or whatever price) to purchase access to the full movie. SONY could opt to set access for single viewing, or in perpetuity. The accessibility gets registered on the blockchain to the purchasers user ID, giving you ownership of the rights to watch your copy of the movie anytime. Now say you decide you want to sell it. If SONY included that as a right in the smart contract, then you could sell your access to someone for whatever price. But SONY could also include in the smart contract that a royalty is kicked back to them during any 3rd party sale. This reduces piracy, and lowers costs because theres no longer a need for shit like Netflix, middle man distribution, etc. Works for movies, music, images, text, etc. Great for content creators, musician, collectors, photographers, etc. For the first time ever, digital assets will have rights, value, and registered owners.

6. The network security and built in currency is the perfect platform for IoT devices. IoT devices will outnumber humans by the end of 2019, and is estimated to exceed 10 trillion devices by 2030. Our current networking protocols are not suitable for a paradigm shift of this magnitude, while Elastos has the ability to facilitate such a transition.

Long story short, picture a new internet, where it’s peer to peer, everything in cloud based, decentralized, integrated commerce platform, extremely secure, etc. It’s a platform with the building blocks to build almost anything. The best part is the platform is made to run on top of any operating system. Mobile, windows, smart TVs, home appliances, etc.

Right now in Asia they’re shipping all sorts of smart devices, and Elastos carrier is actually installed on a lot of them. And if not installed directly, then they include a boot loader so that the software can be added with a quick update. Over 600,000 devices now include it, mostly smart TV boxes. They’re on target to have it in over 1 million homes in Asia by years end. When the product is ready, it will be easy to deploy, which could help reach mass adoption.

A developer named Jimmy Lipham, known for his work on P2P projects such as Limewire, came across Elastos, and recently took a look at the code. He ended up studying it for almost 2 months. He claims the code is sound, revolutionary, and he even created a crawler that tracks and verifies that all those carrier nodes are actually real and operational. He was so impressed that he has since begun working on Elastos full time.

Elastos currently sits at a $36m market cap, in around the 85th position on CMC. I fully expect this to be in the top 25 within a year, if not the top 10. The price recently tanked because Rong decided to unlock token distribution early (this month, rather than next year) in an effort to meet regulatory approval for Western exchanges. It also now means that ELA is no longer a security. If you read up on the price drop, you’ll see that the community is mainly supportive of this, and thinks this was necessary to gain adoption. It also means that it should start appearing on new exchanges shortly.

I get a strong Tron style vibe from this, except rather than marketing hype, this feels like genuine community support. For a project with this low of a market cap, ELA has a massive community, and if you read Youtube and Twitter comments, you’ll see it popping up everywhere.

ELA is now my biggest holding (35%). It’s something I believe the world needs, but I also think the hype will make this a great investment either way.