Crypto trading in Australia!

Hey guys.

Just want to start a discussion on crypto buying/trading in Australia and what everyone is using.
I have only recently started buying Bitcoin and I am currently using coin base and its IOS app.
I’ve noticed that in Australia they have a $300 a week buy limit.
There is also no current way to sell your coins (not that I want to) on coin base in Australia.

And I’ve had a look at the exodus wallet which looks very easy to use, is it available for Australians?

This can be a discussion / question board for anyone that lives in Australia and is currently investing in crypto.

Cheers guys :blush:

JesseBER

Bitcoin Beginners & Help [START HERE] - ULTIMATE GUIDE!

Hey mate,

I use coinspot.com.au
Really user friendly and have a decent selection of coins but definitely not all coins. Prices may be a fraction higher than other exchanges but i find it a fair trade off for how easy it is to use

I use Independent reserve 90% of the time as I mine ETH directly to it., lets you sell and buy ETH and BTC and send to your Australian bank account.

Mine with Simplemining OS- GTX1060 for Zcash and R9 290’s for ETH.

Other exchanges I use: Bittrex, Poloniex, Kraken, Bitfinex

Buy my Bitcoin, Litecoin and ETH directly from Coinbase every time with no issues.

Based in Perth Western Australia.

Hey there!!

www.coinjar.com.au is the Aust exchange I’ve been using over coinbase.
You can only buy Bitcoin through them, but you can buy up to $2,500 per day through Poli payment and I think another $2,500 per day through their BPay if you like.
So I have just been buying all BTC from there, then transferring to my exodus or Bittrex account and trading through them. Altho not too much. Gotta hang onto the BTC :slight_smile:

I got onto through this article written for Australians

Did not know about coinspot, which I just saw you can buy LTC and ETH too. Will have a further look. Thanks fff420

Hope it helps

Good to know there’s some Aussies here, I’m based in Melbourne. I used coinjar, coinspot, man the fees are so high. Bought a fair bit of Neo from coinspot and very happy with the huge jump recently. Yeah I also have a $300 limit for coinbase. Btw, had anyone tried to add another credit card so that it can increase the limit to $600?

Yes, the fees are insane! But I guess we won’t even notice in the long run when we are all on the moon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oo, never thought of that, I can’t see why it wouldn’t work

Hey mates,

I’m from Perth.

I use Coinbase for purchases as in a ‘small time’ investor but will compound weekly.

More interested into altcoins than the top 5 coins, find it more fun.

Hello fellow aussie crypto traders!

QLD here :slight_smile:

I use coinbase.com to buy into the market (my buy limit has been upgraded to $2000 - so it is possible to get higher then $300) Transfer either btc/etc to bittrex.com to make purchases of alt coins. I was using poloniex.com but have found bittrex a lot more user friendly.

Cold storage wise i ordered a nano ledger S - ledgerwallet.com which should be here in a week or so …finally received shipping info as there was a massive back log of orders!! Pretty excited for it to arrive!

Also excited to watch tenx develop as they look to be releasing an ios app soon where you will be able to order a debit card to be able to spend your crypto!

Always looking to learn more in this world - anyone hit me up if you have any advice or questions! :):grinning:

Cheers

@JesseBER

How did you get your limit upgraded to 2000 might i ask? Thanks for the tip about Tenx. That sounds promissing. I’ve just bought my first cryptocurrency this month. So i’m still a newbie. Neo, OMG, XRP all the smaller one.

@cryptogreg

It slowly was increased automatically by coinbase as i kept buying.
I’m also new to this! I’ve just been reading/watching a bunch of content trying to pick it up as i go!

Most coins have a reddit page which are always active!

I made a COUNTRY SPECIFIC CATEGORY. check it out. you can add australia as a topic underneath.

You should be able to inc it to 2000 per week which you can use all on one day but then you have to wait a week for it to reset. each payment you make will reset 7 days later from the date of that payment.

That’s awesome to know it gets upgraded for us after time! Even if it is a hefty percentage fee haha.

If you know anyone in GB or the US and poss canada you can get them to setup a GDAX (coinbase owned) accouint and buy directly on market - seems like tyou get around the 4% commision that way but cant fund GDAX form Australia.

Kraken tier 3 is a good way to convert crypto into fiat if you shuld ever want to but it took me 2 months to get verified for tier 3 (i honestly thought they forgot about me) so get on that sooner than later.

moved this to country specific thread

@Vega

hahah yes i thought Kraken had also forget about me!! I gave up on the wait time & went to bittrex instead.

btcmarkets.net good too! melbourne based. Can set your price. can transfer up to $30k a day.

Hey guys, I’ve used a few different sites. Overall the experience has been fairly negative. The best experience was with coinbase would you believe? Fast, hassle free I’ve found them, the downside is the low initial limits and the fact you cant get a debit card if you’re Australian. Ive also used coinjar successfuly, nearly all of the other sited rip you off with prices about 200 above the market!!! Coinbase will increase over time btw,

Hi,

I’ve been using the following exchanges in Australia: BTC Markets, Coinbase, CoinSpot and CoinJar.
Coinbase gives the best rate, but low limits.
BTC Markets beats CoinSpot and CoinJar for Bitcoin rates by a large margin most days.
I’ve bought Altcoins on CoinSpot, as they have a good range. However, the rates were a rip-off, to sell back into $, which is necessary if you want to change from one Altcoin to another.
I’ve now registered for Bitfinex now and will probably move all my Altcoins to Bitfinex when I decide to change them to another coin, i.e. back to Bitcoin or LTC before moving them back to my hardware wallet.

I’m pretty happy with BTC Markets, too bad their selection of coins isn’t great (although better than Coinbase).

I hope this helps.

SeiKin