Coinbase looking to add new coins in 2018

ripple
bitcoincash
coinbase

This would be a very interesting play and would love to see it happen
However, thinking no because they have ETH :man_shrugging:

I don’t know because I don’t know enough about the various coins vs. their selection criteria. If anyone wants to take a deeper dive into this, read up on their Digital Assets Framework which provides a ton of details on their selection process:

I highly doubt NEO will ever be on Coinbase. NEO isn’t divisible and acts more like a share that pays out dividends, so the SEC won’t play nice with that kind of partnership.

Eos will be awesome.:smirk:

OMG will be listed :beer:

Tommy, Is that speculation or fact?

Altough speculating which coins is fun, i think its more interesting that they want to add more coinS (plural)
So, more than 1. I think the best speculation would be:
Take the top 20 (or 50?) and try to built a complementary set of coins, lets say from the best 10.
Invest in all. There you go.

Bcash ,ripp,lumens ,cardano,and maybe NEO, they want high market cap coins and high coin cap ones that you will buy as often as possible that’s how they make there money just my opinion

https://www.coindesk.com/now-can-buy-mariah-carey-g-eazy-albums-monero/

If Monero gets added to coinbase and music artists are accepting this as payment we could easily see 3-5x in 2018.

Big if True :rocket:

VTC? Please? Pretty please?

I doubt it, as its floating about the 27th spot

Monero,Ripple,Dash are the leading candidates I think

Those coins are totally different!!! Iota deals with ai. Ripple with banks. Fuck me!!!

The more that I think about Coinbase thinking about adding new coins, the more I doubt it’s going to happen right away.

Coinbase has some major scaling issues right now. Whenever there is any sort of major traffic, Coinbase crashes.

If they add any additional currencies, it will drive tons of traffic to their servers and they wont be able to handle it. = Bad user experience for new users…

My guess is that they are trying to fix their scalability issues, but it will take a bit to do, so they won’t be adding anything soon :decepticon:

Welllll we know what happened last time someone said that… :joy::joy::rofl:

Reality Shares Advisors and Amplify Trust ETF launched the first blockchain-based exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange Arca today.

Both funds went live on their respective exchanges at 9:30 a.m. EST. Reality Shares’ Nasdaq NextGen Economy ETF (BLCN) opened at $24.20, while Amplify’s Transformational Data Sharing ETF (BLOK) started closer to $20.

Both ETFs will exclusively invest in blockchain-based companies, according to a previous CoinDesk article.

This will drive BTC and alts up.

Why not continue throwing guesses around on this, it’s fun. I’d really love to see Neo added, but I’m gonna say DASH. Outside chance, Cardano. Totally finger in the air lol.

I’m purposely ignoring ripple in the hope they don’t get to Brian Armstrong :frowning:

Reading details on Cardano shows it to be the scalable and efficient crypto for the future. Would be a smart move for Coinbase to add ADA.