Bringing the Pub to the Camden's Head in the United Kingdom. Meeting at the YouTube Space First!

unitedkingdom

What Peter gave us is powerfull marketing tool.
https://blog.dupontregistry.com/videos/bitcoin-lamborghini-10242017/
So many of them…
In UK we have many opportunites, a lot room to grow.

Hey @mr.dav - how about somewhere around here?
I’d really like to try out an ATM, and figured it could be the perfect opportunity… :smiley:

and of course (speaking for myself) - I’d be happy for anyone nearby to join us for a pint… :slight_smile:

Hello Brothers and Sisters!!

Hope we are all doing well. Damn this UK thread is booming, and so many people offering help and support to make this work!! So much love!

So anyway guys, I just love that so many people are keen and eager to meet up before we agree upon a date for next year.

It looks like a lot of mini meet-ups are on the cards, and this is just fantastic!

So to keep this thread relevant to the big meet-up, without too many sub-discussions and others meet-ups conflicting and blurring what details pertain to what meet-up; I am going to create a ‘Mini meet-up’ thread in the UK topic

Please use that thread to discuss any meet ups to be arranged that are seperate from this one.

Thank you :0

yep let’s do it I am curious to see the ATM too! feel free to join us guys, the more the merrier!

Here is all the major events that i could find. They are all free.

• Sunday 10th Nov Cryptocurrency show, BitBrum Birmingham
  • Monday 22nd Jan 2018 Blockchain Week Exhibition Delegate Pass Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, London
  • Wednesday 18th April 2018 Developing Blockchain Applications Olympia, London
  • Thursday 19th April 2018 Blockchain Technologies Olympia, London
  • We all meet up at a free local pub/venue with no event scheduled and book our own accomodation
  • We all chip in and book a swanky hotel/venue for the day and night and Hold our own The Bitcoin Pub Event

0 voters

If we hold our own event i will make a second poll for preferred date and location . We can also get a few of people from the pub to speak at the event if that is something that everybody would want. We could also get @gabriel to help us out if we create our own event and the location is okay for the majority.

@unitedwestand17 we should pin this to the top.

@CryptoS17 @Reaper @Tas @skycoin76 @mr.dav @darkykun @WinkWink99
@one3rdnerd @sukaytrader @Jsun090 @Carlton @Luca_B @stevenharbour @NEVERGIVEUP
@BitTrip @Grow2Love @jrbarrow @GarethDavies @l0ts0fl00t @Zedd1 @Piranhi @yappattack @Vibulan1991 @MagicalMoonFairy @birosts @Duttydirtz @DrewBoid @Gabypon @jamieooo

What is good guys!

So the poll has concluded with the majority of users voting however; it can be re-opened if the demand is there. Either way, it appears a general consensus indicates that, WE, would prefer to host our own event at a venue/hotel.

I equally think this is a good choice, and leads us on to the next step.

@gabriel @CryptoS17 - It seems the people want to host in a venue/hotel, so now would be a good time to pull out those contacts/knowledge/kudos and identify and scout some good venues which we can then all vote upon with informed decision making. Maybe provide literature, website links, etc if you can so as to help us decide what we would like.

From the Pub Map, London will be the hosting City, so venues/hotels within London, preferably central so as to access from main transportation lines, will be an absolute must.

It would be good for you two to liaise, and then relay back to myself and Paul.

If at any point you can not, or have other commitments, which may impact upon the planning of this please let me know :slight_smile:

There is no pressure or hard feelings if you wish to take a step back.

I would do a poll on the location, I would probably be in the minority but people may not want to travel to London, Higher prices, if people drive then there could be congestion charges and parking costs.I would rather have a countryside hotel but like a said I maybe in the minority but it should voted upon,

I did initially think this, but a general consensus seemed to grow on willingness to travel.

But I agree, lets do a poll!!

Wanna start it?

I don’t mind traveling, Me personally, i am not a great lover of cities that’s all.

I think we should get hotels from different locations for a poll so people know where they are how much they will cost, facilities, parking ect. we then have a diverse selection of hotels from different locations. they could be just on the outside of London if that’s where most people live if you get what I mean

Oh it’s all about Paul Paul and his little local pub, LMAO!! Joking Brother.

Yeah we do need to get some suggestions for our venue, whether it be a hotel or not. Will people stay over night? A lot to plan.

But this is why I @CryptoS17 @gabriel as they were both keen to assist in locating venues.

So I guess to retrace slightly, let’s do a poll on what county/district to hold the meet. Either way, we need to consider transport routes and ease of access.

haha I will be staying, I want to have a few beers

Let’s just get a 20-man tent. SOLVED

Hahaha get a little fire going with a few beers

Cool, I just touched down last night when @peter went live with the mcaffee thing - don’t even want to think how much that ate of my roaming :smiley:

Apparently I can’t buy through Coinbase now, f***ing CoinBase!!!

Opened it last night and suddenly I’m not verified anymore - BASTARDS - never even told me before they did it, and their shitty app is looping when I try to verify myself again!

So its a good opportunity to do my weekly CDA. :smiley:

I’m stille down for doing whatever I can for this meet-up for sure :slight_smile:

Other than area of london needing to be determined.

Is there a level of “swank” we should aim for…?
Are we looking for more something local water-hole’ish with a function room, or something more la-di-da :smiley:

Or just shoot for the moon and see where we land? ;D

I guess, realistically - we should be expecting 10-50 attendees at max?

I think London sort of HAS to be the local for the main meet-up… just for anyone (I might not be the only one, interested in attending from outside UK) - yea, we can fly to Birmingham, Newcastle or something else, but then the cost goes WAY up for us - I don’t mind travelling outside london for a meet, but I have a base here, so I can take a breather and whatever, before heading out on another leg of a journey…

Meet-ups could be arranged separately for some of the hub cities I feel, but London is just… yea, London… :smiley:

I see the best result overall coming from a meet-up somewhere in the city.

My 2 cents :slight_smile:

Maybe, but we should have options outside of London so people at least have that option for a vote,

I’m not saying we do it at Birmingham or Newcastle somewhere 10/20 miles out of London could be a lot cheaper.

It might be cheaper but London is London and Slough is Slough. The price of getting into satellite towns is possibly around the same or even more if you have to go into Paddington / Victoria and back out again to some dive like Reading or Watford. The greatest concentration of possible attendees would be in London and invites the greatest possibility of ‘floating support’, mates of mates. And, like I said, London is London, it’s fantastic for venues and a night out. Even booking the upstairs room in a pub called The Dagger in Hackney is preferable to the drab environs offered by some Travel Lodge on the outskirts of Luton.

I think that’s a major city-centric observation though. I feel that there are similar options available in Brum or Manchester. Cardiff is a fantastic city for a night out too. But, we won’t get the numbers that we would in London, I’m fairly convinced of that.

I’m not saying we will, just saying it needs to be open to a vote because that’s how we do things