#b90x - DAY 9 - Personal Relationships

b90x

Hey cryptonation!

This is going to be a challenging one today but we’re still building out the right type of environment for you so that you can really have all the right pieces in place for the best crypto-lifestyle. and, if we’re to be honest, what we’re really all about doing is changing your life as a whole.

This is the only way that you’re going to be able to experience the gains that you want to see. just like working out, you have to change your entirely daily and weekly schedule to accomodate this decision so that you can get more healthy, more physically fit, and so that you can effectively live longer! this is exactly the same foundation we are trying to build for you.

Consequently, what we want you to analyze and review today are the people in your life that could be holding you back. Yes, this is a super-touchy subject but it’s something worth considering. Motivational speaker Jim Rohn famously said that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with.

This relates to the law of averages, which is the theory that the result of any given situation will be the average of all outcomes.

Salespeople, entrepreneurs and all successful people know that, in order to increase your wins, you’ve also got to increase your losses.

When it comes to relationships, we are greatly influenced — whether we like it or not — by those closest to us. It affects our way of thinking, our self-esteem, and our decisions. Of course, everyone is their own person, but research has shown that we’re more affected by our environment than we think.

So, we want to challenge you to think through your current relational matrix. Who in your life are helping you achieve a new lifestyle, a new mentality, a new outlook on life? Is there anyone within the last week or so who have tried to hold you back from making your life better or becoming more financially fit?

These people might be holding you back. now, we don’t want to do anything dramatic but we do want to be able to see it for what it is. This doesn’t mean you abandon your friends but, again, let’s review everything in your life to make sure you have the right, positive influences in your life that are helping you achieve your goals.

This is why The Pub is such a vital part of my own life as it’s a vocal and passionate community who are positive about their outlook on life and who are encouraging to me and to the rest of the community. i need more of these people in my life, both in the digital world and offline!

Today’s exercise is more of a mental accounting so there’s nothing to necessarily share in the comments below, but, if this resonated with you then i want you to share this video with someone you love, someone you also want to achieve better things with their life.
you can, of course, comment and give me feedback, but the action today is to share.

The Purpose of the Pub - The Theory and Praxis

This IS a tough one only because I love the people in my life and I don’t want to think of them holding me back. But really, there are very few people that I think ‘WOW! They’re really going for it!’.

I know that having a personal trainer really helps me push myself in the gym and having the Pub and my nephew (who I often talk to about crypto) really helps propel me forward towards my financial goals. We need people like this in our life because it’s not always easy to be a lone wolf and sometimes you need someone on your level to bounce you back or help you out…not someone who is going to tell you to forget about it and encourage you to give up. It’s hard to think about because you want to be close to your loved ones but the path to success is going to put some distance between you. You gotta be strong enough to move on to get what you want.

100%. This is a tough one that I’ve been meditating on for a while. To build what we are building here at the pub requires absolute focus. This is something that im so passionate about!

With that context, I have to choose my counsel wisely.

I have heard this before and it scares me because the people around me, although, wonderful people, are not GOING FOR IT. They are not turning over rocks to find out THE THINGS THEY DIDN’T KNOW THAT THEY DIDN’T KNOW. I am all about looking for the things I didn’t know that I didn’t know. It is kind of lonely here and knowing that there is a community of people like THEBITCOINPUB that are also embarked on the same project is reassuring. Still, it would be really really nice if I had someone I could talk face to face with that was on the same wave length. Are we really that few and far between?

Your response has really resonated with me.
The moment I sense resistance from someone I’m opening a dialogue about Cryptocurrency with; I back off. I have my focus, believe in what I’m learning and doing.
I don’t require their acceptance. :grin: Although, in the back of my mind, I’m thinking… How can you not see the magnitude of this and not be jumping around with excitement?!
I’m so relieved that my fiancé is just as excited and dedicated or he’d be given the boot! Kidding. :rofl:
But his support is EVERYTHING!!!

you are choosing wisely if your future hubby can be excited about the things you are excited about. I would be in the same situation…if…my husband had not had a stroke 2 years ago and lost his language and ability to join with me in my adventure. He would be supportive but I cannot bounce ideas off him and I don’t have him covering for me when other family members think I am crazy. What a lark! Love being counterculture for sure but want that feedback.

First of all; I want to give you a great big (((((hug)))).

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. I’m so proud of you for reaching out, finding a community that supports your dreams. None of us can replace the companionship and support of your husband. Coming from my heart, you have my friendship, and I, along with many others will do our best to be here for you.

From one crypto-sister to another, thank you for sharing.

Being an Aspie, today’s topic constitutes a weak point for me.

In real life basically, the only human relationship that I have is with my parents and my girlfriend (yes, the aspie-girlfriend binomial is kind of an oxymoron…but I have been lucky enough).

On the distance side, I had a group of friends when I was into WoW and online gaming. I had to suspend or heavily redimension those relationships when I decided to take another path.

I attended to a gym for a year, but I haven’t been able to develop any solid relationship… I was focused only on getting the workouts done, not on chatting.

Luckily my motivation remained high by helping other people in the Ketogains Facebook group, ending to join the admins.

Now I work out from home; I study at home… I do everything at home. At times I feel isolated, but it’s better than having panic attacks when put in crowded contexts, getting constantly distracted about what other people could think about the way I look, talk, exist (lol).

Eventually, I’ll be able to find the proper balance. I shall find a context where it’s possible to grow and develop positive relationships that carry out even in the real world. I’ll be able to move from the small village where I live and find my nest.

Will the financial freedom that I’m seeking for, be the answer for resolving my social impairment? Of course not… but at least I shall be able to move! Context matters.

This conversation immediately made me think of what my Dad would tell me about some of the people I was hanging around with and the fact that I thought I had more experience with judgement back then than he did is now laughable, he was right 101% because every one of them faded away into something I am glad to have no part of.We lived in the Chicagoland area before moving to the sticks and the trick now has become to instill the wisdom of discernment in my sons which is not always an easy assignment.One of the greatest motivations I now have moving forward in all business related endeavors is now performed with the grandkids front and center.The strength of Cryptocurrency moving forward should enable a financial footprint that will long outlast me.Here is to hoping that the BLOCKCHAIN innovators fulfill all of the Vision they have brought thus far. GETRDONE…lol

Hard but important medicine today. This is something that I’ve considered in my career at every step of the way.

My dad once told me (and @peter) that we should never be the smartest people in the room… and if we found that we were we needed to leave, immediately!

Get great, smart, experienced folks in your lives who are a bit further down the path. This is the way to accelerate your own personal development and growth!

thank you so much! I just listened to the security “hangout” and I DON’T UNDERSTAND THAT AT ALL. Do you have that all under control?

People that surround me are close minded people.
They don’t want to learn new things(most of the time).
I am hoping to show them the results slowly but…
I hope it will not be too late then.

What do you not understand?
Security can be overwhelming but take your time…
The markets will be here tomorrow. Learn to take care of your own wealth first :slight_smile:

Super important to be selective with those walking with you! 100% agree.

It took me some time to grasp this. growing up I felt like I knew the most in a lot of rooms. I know now that I can learn from a lot of people it is just selecting the correct ones.

I have to stop and think not only about the active relationships I cultivate, but also the passive ones. weekly I encounter many people and the only interaction I have with them is one day a week. Hoe I let those relationships effect me can set or break my week, and take a few days to recover from.

This early in the game a lot of people will question your financial decision to go into bitcoin or crypto. They might worry that you make a mistake. But I have been lucky. Not a single person has told me it was a bad decision after I explained why I believe in the project. There might be people I know that would still think it’s a bad decision and wouldnt want to listen. But how I deal with them is simple, they never have been a part of my close circle, never wanted to and most likely never will have the interest to either, so I rarely communicate with them unless I meet them by chance. The door is always open for a chat, because views needs to be challenged, but the interaction with them has to be often enough so that it would be natural for them to do so.

“judge a man by their actions not by their words”, has always done well for me.

similar to advice i received. Was always told not to be afraid to ask questions. Your last bit of advice is the exact reason i joined bitcoin pub!

I actually mentioned this exact topic in one of my responses to an earlier B90X video. It took me a long time to realize that I was pretty much the sum aggregate of the people/things I surrounded myself with. I have since (slowly and carefully) cut out the bad influences one by one and am left with only people that I want to be like and consider role models and/or positive relationships. I am left with only the people and things that I want to become like, so now it’s relatively easy to maintain the course.