#b90x - DAY 8 - What are you Consuming?

b90x

This may be my new favorite thread! I have at the very least added 99% of the books on here to an amazon list just so I have a wide selection to pick from in the future. I am currently finishing a for fun read, The Terranauts. Big fan of listening in the car, it turns wasted time into productive time :grin:

Have recently read, listened:
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius (have listened to multiple times)
White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America by Nancy Isenberg
The Clockwork Universe by Edward Dolnick
The Business Blockchain by William Mougayar (a little to ecstatic about ETH but still good for beginners)
The Five Element of Effective Thinking by Brian Troxell
The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli (have listened to multiple times) from city state Italy era
All Quiet on the Western Front by Enrich Maria remarque
The Prince of Tides by Frank Muller
The Life We Bury by Elizabeeth Wein
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up by Marie Kondo

And of course there is more but didn’t want to make this too long. Happy reading, listening and learning everyone!!!

The Internet of Money - Andreas Antonopoulous

I am reading Dave Ramsey “Financial Peace”. A little dated but a good read.

Next on the list is “The 8th Habit” by Stephen Covey

Great topic considering the age of opinions we’re in. I do believe in the saying that we are influenced by the 5 closest people around us. TO level up you need to find smarter friends/mentors and learn from “heavy books” as Peter puts it. Great video.

Need to pick up sapiens.

Newest book is Tribe of Mentors by FERRIS, really good. A classic of mine is the tao, still need to get through Marcus Aurelius Meditations. Also need to re-read competition demystified.

Edit: I forgot the book - Essentialism by GM. Just saw Day 9 :smiley: LOL reading @peters mind.

Most recently finished up “The 48 Laws of Power.” Pretty scary stuff, but very cool. One of my FAVORITE ones to read (that I read pretty frequently) is “The Handbook to Higher Consciousness” by Ken Keyes. Highly recommend. It’s an oldie, but a goodie. Has helped me in many ways.

Everyone seems to be recommending The Internet of Money. Guess I’ll have to check that one out!

Took your advice Peter and researched fundamental/starter books into Blockchain and Crpytocurrency, decided to go with “The Internet of Money” by Andreas Antonopoulos and after will delve into his second volume which covers Bitcoin in depth from a technical standpoint as well, so definitely time to dig in and expand on from University of Youtube :joy: Thank goodness for the Pub :beers:

Previously I was reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, and before that was reading “The last Wish” totally unrelated to Crypto but mostly because Im a Witcher geek :joy:

I am finishing reading: “Cryptocurrency Investing Bible: The Ultimate Guide…” by Alan T. Norman. I picked it up on amazon looking at content and reviews and it has been pretty informative from a begginers point of view. Learned few things :slight_smile:
I did buy recently “Mastering Bitcoin” from Andreas Antronopoulos (I love this guys chats and the way he speaks. He is so inspiring!!!) but I havent started it yet. The fact that I am reading reviwes all over stating that is pretty technical kind of pusses me away from it… and I might buy and read before “The internet of Money” .

I know is not a book but I have been reading lately lots of articles on Medium (about cryptos mainly). Great stuff and different points of view

I am currently reading The Book of Basketball. I love the sport and have played it all my life. There are a lot of good lessons throughout the book that can be applied beyond the realm of basketball. With the entertainment industry being my goal I see great potential for adapting this into a screenplay.
Also I just ordered The Internet of Money Volume 1 and Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain by Andreas M. Antonopoulos.

I am reading

Day Trading 101 by David Borman

Tons of books on this subject but I picked this one because a friend has the same last name! 1/4 the way through and is a pretty easy read. Easy to understand and good info so far. I am not really interested so much in Day Trading but wanted to understand the whole thing. Goes into explanations, although cursory, of all types of trading but obviously mainly focuses on Day Trading.

Internet of Money is good but I had watched most of his videos which the book is just text from those. Mastering Bitcoin does get very technical but great book! Love that Guy!

Any good value investing books you would recommend?

Hey you guys,
I used to read. Prolifically. When I was in second grade. In a tree.

Now I am nigh forty, and though I’ve had a good five year run to drop so many of the destructive habits from my teens and twenties, I just am missing the way on this one.

I audio. A lot of audio. But I want to read again, like you said masters x3 guy, deeply read.

So guys, give me your best tips on how to get me back into reading for the long haul!

P. S. It is not lack of GOOD books… I have STACKS…

Reading comes after desire.

But in most cases. Just start. You never know what adventures lie in a book until you start.

Reading this one now! I’m at the part where the development of writing comes in and it’s interesting that the first piece of writing discovered was actually a transaction ledger :o

Or the earliest I should say.

Like so many others, I am currently reading Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain by Andreas M. Antonopoulos. Prior to that I read The Reason for God by Timothy Keller.

I did buy a book on Crypto and it helped me understand the fundamentals of how everything works. but i get most my news from, the Pub and DCTV.
As for other reading, I like technical stuff. I’m now reading the complete sailing manual as i want to learn as much as i can about sailing!

Oh where to start - I have accumulated quite the collection of books already. Ranging from various topics from financial, self help, biographies, tools and some for my creative projects. The follow images show my existing books available to me, most I have not dived into yet:

Oddly, I have none that really touch on on cryptocurrency or blockchain… at least until now. I have gone ahead and made the following purchases, one of which is on Ethereum.

I will now have to set aside dedicated time to read, something that should be easy since taking additional time off from my work schedule. PS: I’m looking at all the previous replies in this thread to see what others are reading, so I can add some to my wishlist!

Darcy C

Just got Cryptoassets in the mail pumped to read it!

Some books I have read that I recommend:
-Think and Grow Rich
-Be obsessed or be average
-Sell or be sold
-The richest man in babylon - everyone should probably read this one
-The last safe investment
-The intelligent investor

I also read plenty of fiction. I think it is important to have some sort of a balance I find myself going crazy if I read only mindset/educational books but thats just me.

Podcasts are also a fantastic source of info!
I listen to:
-Crypto 101
-Epicenter

Ok as far as my appetite for knowledge I’m always hungry. Unfortunately it’s random knowledge I prolly won’t use day to day. I have to get better at what I take in. For crypto I scout the net and read forums, Reddit mostly and YouTube. I look at charts daily and try to watch for the swings. I started a good book a while ago and set it down because I got busy with this but it was this… maybe I’ll give it another go.