#b90x - DAY 8 - What are you Consuming?

b90x

Thanks for the tip @UncleChuck, I find it ironic that I actually have an uncle named Chuck :joy::joy:

Not a financial book by any means, but I am re-reading The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. This book is simple, but it helps me reframe my thinking and gives me a more positive perspective. Good stuff

Well, i’ll tell you i’m not much of a reader even tho let me give my husband a plug here he is an Author you can find his books on Amazon under Tracy T Thurman. I have read his book but other than his books the last book I read was by John Steinbeck “Cannery Row” before that Dave Ramsey I seem run my finances a lot like he tells people to do it.

I’m consuming all the anger from all the FUD tanking our beloved BTC :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: grrrrrrrr :grimacing:

I kind of already answered this in day 7, but I’ll state it again. I’ve been reading Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies found here in the pub. For something different, or lighter reading, short stories by Hemingway. And on a somewhat different note, I don’t have Netflix so I haven’t seen it, I read Altered Carbon a few years ago for a sci-fi lit class, and now it’s a series on Netflix. It is well written, I’m sure the book is better than the show, but it’s got all the Hollywoodness you could want. Sex, violence, explosions, along with sci-fi futuristic ideas such as implanting your mind into different bodies.

Great list of books everyone is sharing! Just bought Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahnenan.

Some audibles I just recently finished:

The Business Blockchain by Wiliam Mougayar & Vitalik Buterin (had this for a while and stopped listening for how hard ETH was being pumped/ loved on) finally done and have to listen no more.

Get a Job, Build a Real Career and Defy a Bewildering Economy by Charles Hugh Smith
Why Our Status Quo Failed and Is Beyond Reform by Charles Hugh Smith
&
A Radically Beneficial World: Automation, Technology, and Creating Jobs for All by Charles Hugh Smith (not done with this yet)

I went heavy with Charles Hugh Smith, for audibles in the car, on the recommendation of a friend. So far I would say he is a big fan of decentralizing the world.

Thank You. Just ordered “Heart Of A Leader”

Maps of Meaning, Jordan Peterson. His books require intense self examination, I highly recommend them.

Excellent choice! Great reads!

Me too, plus Currency Trading For Dummies!

maybe audio books might work for you :sunglasses:

Last book I read was Mike Maloney’s Investing in Gold and Silver. Good book if you want to diversify into some metals. Currently reading Japanese Candlestick charting techniques for all you geeks like me out there that enjoy TA. :grinning: https://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Candlestick-Charting-Techniques-Second/dp/0735201811 :call_me_hand:t3:

My favorites related to Crypto

Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis

Tomorrowland: Our Journey from Science Fiction to Science Fact

The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future

Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder

All the Presidents’ Bankers: The Hidden Alliances that Drive American Power

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques: A Contemporary Guide to the Ancient Investment Techniques of the Far East - Steve Nison

Just reading as I go, very slowly! :slight_smile: Bought it December '17, still gradually skimming and taking my time reading. It’s gonna take a while! :wink:

I get my main crypto news form the pub and from decentralized tv.

For what I’m reading, I’ve been mixing it up with the free Turtle Traders guide and some posts here and there to experiment swing/day trading to add to the stack without injections of more fiat.

I haven’t been reading a lot in the last few months as I have mostly been consuming smaller sources of info like articles, online videos, resources, whitepapers… stuff like that. I’ve still been learning but this is a great reminder to dig deeper. Ordered a few books to get going! :smiley:

• The Internet of Money by Andreas Antonopolus
  • Just Start: Take Action, Embrace Uncertainty, Create the Future by Leonard A. Schlesinger
  • Do the Work by Steven Pressfield

Coming into this I had very little knowledge of blockchain tech and cryptocurrencies. Most of my education thus far has been telegram, youtube, the bitcoin pub, and various other internet publications. For deeper reading I will have to scan through this post here and pick a few books to add to my mental arsenal.

I am an avid read. I tend to stick to materials that educate me in some manner. The last book I read was a “Brief History of TIme”

Love this! I’ve read quite a bit over the past year and it is absolutely true that it makes you sharper, improves your vocabulary, makes you a more creative thinker, and much more. As a political science teacher, many books that I’ve read over the past year have been surrounding comparative politics or theoretical international relations. However, the (text)book that I found to be most interesting and accessible for my students has been Government in America by Edwards, Wattenberg, and Lineberry. If you know little about how government works, the philosophical foundations of the republic, the influence of outside linkage institutions, etc, then this book is truly fantastic. Being an informed citizen is important, and this is just about the best book there is on the subject.

Putting this on my list. Thanks for this!