#b90x - DAY 8 - What are you Consuming?

b90x

Not much of a reader but ill maybe 
     start with the audio book version of

Any recommendations on books for 
     retaining info and how to learn?

The Art Of People by: David Kerpen was the last book I read… Ok, listened to. It was an audio book. But that counts!! it’s about dealing with people, interacting and, getting what you want/need from them. It’s more geared towards “white collar” but I have been able to use some of the techniques in my “blue collar” job, especially dealing with my bosses. And honestly I can tell the difference.

For example when you greet someone, and they ask how you are doing. Answer “fantastic”. Sounds dumb I know, but when you do that, you immediately grab their attention, and you can see them wonder “what’s got this guy in such a great mood?!” And they are drawn in. Because people are so conditioned to hear “good, ok, been better and, not too bad”. Try it for a day and you’ll see the difference.

I would definitely recommend this book. It opens up your eyes to various ways to communicate!

Tim Ferris - Tribe of Mentors

I am re-reading Fooled by Randomness by Nicholas Nassim Taleb => is all that FOMO & FUD just noise? Are we retrofitting a narrative to BTC historic price?

Am expecting delivery of Mastering Bitcoin 2e by Andreas Antonopoulos tomorrow, already read chpt 1 in Kindle

I like the “you are what you eat” idea. I read a lot of articles and I read stupid reddit, but there’s a lot of junk out there which is so short term focused. The truth is I haven’t read a book in a long time, but I’m going to think about a book to read. I like history and I like learning about other cultures and countries. Maybe I can find a book that deals with global economics in our contemporary world. I’m open to suggestions. Thanks.

Just finished “the myth of addiction” (I work in the substance abuse field). Starting “the internet of money”.
On the list are “from zero to one” and “the starfish and the spider”.

I have not read any books about crypto, bitcoin and blockchain, but am currently looking into a few and will read through this thread to look for suggestions. I love reading books where I can learn from them.

The most recent books I have read:
Currently reading 'The Alchemist’
And over the past couple months I have read:
Man’s search for meaning
Peoples History of the United States
Unscripted
The Stranger
Black Edge

Right now I’m reading Scarcity the New Science of Having Less and How it Defines Our Lives

It’s all a mindset and how so much of our motivations are influenced on a near subconscious level.

Now i am reading asia fantasy books on internet, some of them got english name :Absolute Choice, Moonlight Scultor, The experimental log of crazy Lich, Runing away from heroe. It come with new chapters everyday. I am fan of fantasy european book too for example i like The Ender’s Game orson scott. Weber books. Us few John Ringo. The hobbits. Jim butcher fantasy-criminal, etc etc i can go on whole day. One of reason i self learn english (beside game) was to read Harry Potter earlier in english version. Now i am considering to learn korean, chinese and japanese to read those book earlier too :slight_smile:

I’m currently into

Man’s search for meaning is my favorite book. A must read for everyone.

“Relentless” Tim Grover
Awesome book!

Millionaire Fastlane- MJ DeMarco

Recently read

The Starfish and the Spider: The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations

Reading

The Precariat: The New Dangerous Class

Dream Hoarders: How the American Upper Middle Class Is Leaving Everyone Else in the Dust, Why That Is a Problem, and What to Do About It

I’m not a huge reader, I travel a lot for work and it’s lead me to read more magazines than books (Entrepreneur, Muscle Fitness subscriptions) .

Books I read were sort-of job-related. I manage a team of field reps, so the last book I read was: How Successful People Lead by John Maxwell. It’s a good book to understand the different levels of leadership and how to master each level in order to move on to the next.

I a few days ago I purchased The 7 habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. I hope to finish this book in a couple weeks.

My next book will be something tailored to Bitcoin or Blockchain.

Just purchased Insider Buy: Superstocks, and currently reading The Age of Cryptocurrency as well as Cheap: The High Cost of Discount Culture.

White papers and the 10 day bitcoin email. I’m also trying to learn to be more savvy on exchanges.

My place to read books is scribd I pay the annual membership and I have access to unlimited books. The way it works is you can read 3 books a month from the entire library and you can read all the books that the editor is recommending that month. Personally, I’m starting to read books about trading and cryptos. If you are interested you can join here https://es.scribd.com/g/52ntct and you’ll get two months for try it free of charge. In case you decide to keep the membership I’ll get a free month. :slight_smile:

Most successful people credit reading, in some capacity, as a factor in their success.

From http://www.businessinsider.com

A young Elon Musk read for 10 hours each day before growing up to become Tesla CEO.
Bill Gates

The former Microsoft CEO has attested to reading 50 books a year, or roughly one book a week.

Most of the books are non-fiction dealing with public health, disease, engineering, business, and science.

Every now and then he’ll breeze through a novel (and sometimes in one sitting late into the night). But primarily the books serve Gates’ interest in learning more about the world he inhabits.

Mark Zuckerberg

In 2015, the Facebook CEO vowed to read one book every other week “with an emphasis on learning about different cultures, beliefs, histories and technologies,” he wrote in a Facebook post.

“Books allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today,” he wrote. “I’m looking forward to shifting more of my media diet towards reading books.”

Oprah Winfrey

Since 1996, the veteran talk-show host has been advising her viewers’ reading habits with Oprah’s Book Club. Winfrey has called reading “her personal path to freedom.”

“Books allowed me to see a world beyond the front porch of my grandmother’s shotgun house,” she said in her acceptance speech for the 2004 United Nations Humanitarian Awards, adding that books gave her “the power to see possibilities beyond what was allowed at the time.”

Mark Cuban

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is a vocal supporter of treating business like a sport, which means he looks for the competitive edge however he can.

Often, that means reading for three hours every day, just to learn more about the industries he works in. Cuban has said this worked wonders at the start of his career.

“Everything I read was public,” he wrote in his blog’s Success and Motivation Series. “Anyone could buy the same books and magazines. The same information was available to anyone who wanted it. Turns out most people didn’t want it.”

David Rubenstein

Rubenstein, billionaire cofounder of the private equity firm The Carlyle Group, reportedly reads up to eight newspapers a day and six books a week.

The philanthropist chalks up his extraordinary ability to a laserlike sense of focus.

“From early on, I’ve been pretty driven,” he told The Baltimore Sun in 2010.

Phil Knight

According to The New York Times, the Nike founder kept the library behind his executive office so sacred that anyone who entered had to remove their shoes and bow.

When asked by the Times in 2007 if he’d preserved the library after stepping down as CEO three years prior, Knight responded with incredulity.

“Of course the library still exists,” he said. “I’m always learning.”

I’m listening to “Bobos in Paradise” right now on audible and for night time bedtime reading I’m working on “1Q84” by Haruki Murakami

Right now…

Conceptual Physics
An Introduction To Statistical Learning
Ray Dalio’s Principles

Clearly I am wasting money on that education thing.