#b90x - DAY 8 - What are you Consuming?

b90x

Yeah, I’m more of a hands on / visual type of learner myself but I’m excited to give books another go. Cosmos is good! I think you’ll definitely enjoy it, especially since you’re into physics and astronomy.

Not that I understand much of it :joy: Especially that quantum physics.

Reading forces your brain to process. Watching tv your brain can move on autopilot

Good little tip that Peter. It makes sense now I come to think about it.

Same here, some of it is beyond me but is still pretty fascinating stuff.

Makes sense Peter. Gotta exercise those brain muscles and create new pathways.

The Well Life, How to Use Structure, Sweetness, and Space to Create Balance, Happiness, and Peace by Briana and Dr. Peter Borten.

Also, I’m reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Wow. The motorcycle book is fantastic!

I read a trilogy a few years back & flew to meet the scientist behind the book; My Big Toe
It explains quantum physics extremely well. :slight_smile:

That’s awesome. I know very very little but it does fascinate me.

http://www.my-big-toe.com
He also has YouTube videos. The conference video in Toronto is the one I attended. Flew across the country just to see him. You’ll see the back of my head :joy: in the vids.
I’m not a scientist & I got a lot out of the book so there is no doubt you’ll grasp it as well.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe & Galaxy books for those closet physics geeks out there :slight_smile:

Thank you @Angela for introducing me to MBT. I now have a lot of content to get through and to ponder. I love life’s little miracles and the things that make you get to use your brain in new and different ways! Thank you!

Oh you are so very welcome. I’m going to buy the book that you suggested. It’s great meeting people with the same interests.
So glad to have met you!

I’m currently reading a book called Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison, by Michel Foucault.

It was given to me by a friend who is doing his Phd in Affect Theory. He’s aware of my keen interest in how our governments, media and banks are manipulating us. He suggested this book as an eye-opener as to how our systems of punishment and discipline have shaped societies and allowed those in power to exercise it against us in myriad ways, from punishing crime to controlling space.

From the blurb, “Michel Foucault argues that the development of the western system of prisons, police and legal hierarchies have merely shifted the focus of social control from our bodies to our souls.”

Heavy stuff.

Never really been into reading books but have recently been consuming & enjoying Elon Musk.
After i finish i will look through this thread to pick another to consume.

Currently reading Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain by Andreas M. Antonopoulos

I’m am taking this Bitcoin Crypto-life seriously. I’ve been following Bix Weir, Leon Fu & Tai Zen, Clif High, etc for years. B90X is a real focuser. Love it!

I found Douglas Lampi and started reading his book Cryptocurrency: Rags to Riches. He also recommends a short Kindle read Make Money Cryptocurrency Trading by John Duncan.

In terms of personal growth, I’m starting to read High Performance Habits by Brendon Bruchard. Personally, I also find Nassim Taleb’s work thought provoking.

I recently finished these on Audible.
The Jesus Prayer by Frederica Matthewes-Green.
The Power of Moments - Chip & Dan Heath
Love Yourself Like Your Life Depended upon it - Kamal Ravikant
Braving The Wilderness - Brene Brown
The War of Art: Winning the Inner Game - Steven Pressfield
RARE Leadership: 4 Uncommon Habits for Increasing Trust, Joy, & Engagement in the People you Lead - Dr. Marcus Warner & Dr. Jim Wilder

I love reading. My wife and I do a lot of learning via audio, youtube, online seminars, etc. Thank you Peter.

What are your recommendations?
For the CryptoLife…

These are great new titles. I will add them to my “to-read” list. Here are some that others have recommended as well. I am on the first one and really enjoying it thus far.

1. The Sovereign Individual, James Dale Davidson
  2. The Internet of Money, Andreas Autonopolous
  3. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies, Blue and yellow book
  4. Secrets of the Millionaire’s Mind, T. Harv Eker
  5. Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki (edited)
  6. Technical Analysis for the Financial Market, John J. Murphy (both text and workbook)
  7. Elon Musk - Booktopia

Wow, thank you. I will have to check these out.
Really enjoying this community.

Thank you @SpeediMike
What got you into this cyrpto life?