#b90x - DAY 8 - What are you Consuming?

b90x

“The thinkers guide to analytical thinking”

I’m less into reading books on investing and more into reading books on thought process.

The link to amazon if fine, just remove the referral code from the end of it.

Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain by David Gerard

It wasn’t a book but it was a worthy watch. INPOWER is an organization that uses liability and contract understanding to get the government off our backs. It’s subject was those smart meters that spy on us and emit radiation but can you imagine if we use the power of contracts and liability to save ourselves and our children from vaccinations…FREEDOM! INPOWERMOVEMENT.COM if anyone is interested in learning.

Hi Crypto Nation,

The last book I have read was “Blue Ocean Strategy” (W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne) - the book about how to find new areas in the business, not to be involved in red oceans full of competitors.
Now I’m reading “Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else” (Chrystia Freeland) - as I’m inspired by plutocrats, I want to know about them and their philosophy.
Also, I have purchased “Capital in the Twenty-First Century” (Thomas Piketty) - I do want to understand what the economy is and how does is it forming.
But now, I’m truly inspired by blockchain and want to purchase some book about it, maybe “Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy” and “Mastering Bitcoin: Unlocking Digital Cryptocurrencies”. If anybody has already read it, please give me your feedback)

Best regards,
Roman Hapatyn

I just finished Bitcoin for the Befuddled.

Now I’m consuming way too much Bitcoin Pub food. I’m really enjoying the community, and I’m getting all fired up about this crypto world. I gotta timebox this site.

Nice!

I have spent so much time in the tech world that I generally only read as much as I need to to solve a particular problem or reach the desirable outcome.

This can be efficient for times sake, but can also be destructive sometimes for the long haul, ie. “I didn’t really understand what I was doing and I made a mess”

I am reading a book currently with no desired outcome or immediate need to solve. But I needed the reminder to read everyday as well as to get another book for when this one is finished! Great suggestions in this thread!

Awesome book to read! So worth!

So many great books listed above. My eReader is now full of titles. Need to read daily just to get base education completed. Another book recommended and just ordered is The Sovereign Individual, Mastering the Transition to the Information Age. Excited to start that one!

Boom! Keep it going! Reading is the key. I’m not smart. I just read a lot!

I’m rereading the life changing magic of tidying up.

The problem of modern life is that there is too much stuff, not that there isn’t enough.

There are too many distractions. I gave up video games as part of my lifestyle to do this full time. Worth it.

Damn… I haven’t read a book in years. It’s sad I know. I feel like such an illiterate among you guys, so many of you seem very well-educated. Honestly… the times I have tried to read anything larger than the tidbits you find on the internet, I was unable to stay focused, my mind would wander in 100 directions and I would have to go back to re-read several times. I can probably attribute it to stress, PTSD, depression and chronic pain due to my injury… or maybe they just weren’t the right books. Ugh… what a mess. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Anyways, I was thinking about trying an audio-book. Do audio-books still count? So many interesting books out there, hard to choose.
Here’s one I’m looking at getting:
The-7-Habits-of-Highly-Effective-People-Summary

I hadn’t read a book for years and years probably since school , until I started reading a few years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I was hooked, reading book after book. I think you have got to find books you are interested in or they could be boring. Audio books are awesome too, I prefer them sometimes, everybody has preferred ways of learning and there is nothing wrong with listening or watching content to learn if you don’t like reading.

@JoshuaSD @PaulAnthony - a great book indeed. always worth re-reading!

Thanks Paul. Come to think of it, I have watched a lot of documentaries and educational stuff on Netflix. Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey was great. I love Neil deGrasse Tyson, he just had a book come out not long ago, Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, maybe I’ll start there.

The more reading one does. The fuller ones life becomes!

I would say I watch more than I read, the information just sinks in better, that sounds good I also love science especially physics and astronomy. I will have to have a look at that documentary.

. I also noticed the other day you mentioned reading was your super power, I heard a while back that Both Bill gates and Warren Buffet would choose to have a super power that would enable them to read at lighting speeds.

Yoooooooooo!! You’re getting me psyched up to read some books. Haha! Wondering if I can find one laying around the house somewhere right now. :stuck_out_tongue: