#B90X - DAY 79 - 20 Qualities of a Bitcoin Pro

b90x

I’d love to share in our final part of our Going Pro B90X series, 20 Qualities of a professional that I’ve grabbed from Steven Pressfield from his book The War of Art.

I believe they are worth remembering and sharing. These are the following habits and qualities that a professional possess that the amateur doesn’t:

The Professional:

1 - Shows up every day
2 - Stays on the job all day
3 - Committed over the long haul
4 - The stakes are high and real
5 - Patient
6 - Seeks order
7 - Demystifies the unknown through experimentation
8 - Acts in the face of fear
9 - Accepts no excuses
10 - Works with what they have
11 - Prepared
12 - Does not show off
13 - Dedicates himself to mastering technique
14 - Does not hesitate to ask for help
15 - The professional does not take failure or success personally
16 - Does not identify with his or her instrument
17 - Self-validates
18 - Endures adversity
19 - Reinvents him or herself
20 - Is recognized by other professionals

In today’s final B90X video for the Going Pro series, I’d love for you to mediate on this list today. Read through it. Put yourself into the list. How do you stack up? Where are areas you need to improve? Let us know in TheBitcoin.Pub. We’d love to encourage you!

Going Pro - 20 Part Series of Going Bitcoin Professional in Life!

Got me fired up this morning! We actually reference this section of B90x all the time at work. I work with @cleanwithpristine (the duvalllllll guys) and we always call out our mistakes or inefficiencies as amateur moves. Vise versa for the pro moves! I’ve noticed this has helped us police ourselves because it’s way more fun to look at each other and go “OHHH THAT’S A PRO MOVE SON” vs “damn that’s was amateur… we’re n00bs.” Killing it as usual!

Love the list! So perfect and another document I have on my wall to look at daily! Thank you…

To Da Moon :rocket::rocket:

smash that like button!!!

14 - Does not hesitate to ask for help - I need to work on this for sure the most!
I always tend to keep going & going at something by myself when i could easily ask for help. I need to learn that help is ok to have!

1. I need to make sure I always show up for work, ignoring my health problems, and get shit done.

Great list. I’m fairly good at most of them but there are a few I need to work on.

1. Act in the face of fear.
  2. Doesn’t hesitate to ask for help.
  3. Self Validates. I do seek reassurance from others but usually I can make my own decisions after that.
  4. I’m trying to reinvent myself right now.
  5. Not yet recognised by other professionals.

Did you read my post on agilescout.com? Read that for encouragement. I’ve reinvented myself many times.

The “Time for Change” post?

you and me both, it’s about using the resources at our disposal for sure…

My opportunities for improvement out of this list are:
5 - Patient - This is a struggle, I try to fight it with self-awareness, structure, and diligence. I find my patience with knowledge, direction, and order.
9 - Accepts no excuses - My challenge here is with others (to a point), I am pretty hard on myself.
14 - Does not hesitate to ask for help - I am a closed book. This one is tough for me.
15 - The professional does not take failure or success personally - I operate in a very pragmatic and orderly way. I manage my moves carefully and keep emotions out of the details, but… My passion comes through in the outcome. I do not wallow in failure nor bathe in success, but I am competitive, and I have a hard time not feeling personally vested in the result.

I am going to bookmark this lesson! I am sure I will keep coming back to it.

Thanks a bunch for sharing this, Peter. I read the War of Art about a year and a half ago- I think it might be time to go through it once again. I must crush Resistance and nurture my Muse!

I’m obviously not a professional yet, but I’d say these are my best traits from this list:
3 - Committed over the long haul
5 - Patient
6 - Seeks order
10 - Works with what they have
12 - Does not show off (unless this counts as showing off, haha)

And these are the things I need to work on the most:
2 - Stays on the job all day
8 - Acts in the face of fear
14 - Does not hesitate to ask for help (getting better, but this has always been hard for me)
17 - Self-validates (while I don’t ask for permission, I’m probably too caught up with others opinion of what I do)
19 - Reinvents him or herself (it’s easy to get into the habit of doing something and then take it for granted instead of constantly reevaluate how it’s going)

1. I go to work every day to a job I don’t like.
  2. I work all day even if I’m sick.
  3. Dream Maker customs Is my commitment for the long haul.
  4. I’m putting every thing I have to get my company off the ground.
  5. my Wife and I have been working on this goal for 3 years now.
  6. I’m more organized then ever. in life, work and my goals have more order and direction to me.
  7. so I’ve started a couple of businesses and failed. I’m invested in btc and I’ve built a mining rig too. I all way
    experiment with new things.
  8. any time I spend money for an investment I’m fearful. but it dosn’t stop me from trying!!!
  9. If I don’t do it no one will. so I need to stand tall and finish what I started.
  10. I don’t need expensive stuff. I wish I had a car lift and a paint booth. but that’s luxuries I don’t have.
  11. I have all that I need to work. anything more is a luxury.
  12. I don’t show off like look at me or how much do I have over you. no no. I express my passions to the world
    and my loves nothing more.
  13. I’ve been a mechanic for 25 years. and I still learn new stuff and its great.
  14. If i don’t know something I ask everyone till I find out. I’m not afraid to say I don’t know let me find out.
  15. I reflect on my failures and I have a 1 min party for my successes. and then I get back to work.
  16. my work is not who I am. its what I do to pay bills. I’m a car guy but I go further than that. just ask and I will
    tell lol.
  17. I tell my sell way to go and good job. I’m the boss sometimes so no one else will say that to me.
  18. I’ve dealt with it my hole life and now I stand up to it no more going with the flo.
  19. I change all the time. I don’t want to be the same old boring person that’s a waist.
  20. I’ve had guys way older than me ask my opinion on there cars. and others say that im a great mechanic.
    I’m half there age. I still don’t know what to say other than thank you when they ask me.

This is amazing,… taking a look at my current life… let me see how I score.

1 - Shows up every day- Yes
2 - Stays on the job all day-Yes
3 - Committed over the long haul-Yes
4 - The stakes are high and real-Yes
5 - Patient- Yes Very Patient
6 - Seeks order- Work in progress.
7 - Demystifies the unknown through experimentation yes
8 - Acts in the face of fear **working on that
9 - Accepts no excuses Yes
10 - Works with what they have- Working on that
11 - Prepared- Yes
12 - Does not show off- Yes, though I like the finer things in life
13 - Dedicates himself to mastering technique- Yes
14 - Does not hesitate to ask for help- Yes
15 - The professional does not take failure or success personally- I agree
16 - Does not identify with his or her instrument- I dont understand this…
17 - Self-validates- Yes
18 - Endures adversity- Yes
19 - Reinvents him or herself- Yes
20 - Is recognized by other professionals- Yes am getting the attention.

I read this book a couple of years ago and loved it so much that I have been recommending it and gifted it to others. I even quoted it in earlier B90X posts. I am re-reading it again just to re-inforce the knowledge! Thanks Petah!