#B90X - DAY 64 - Who's Going to Choose Your Life For You?

b90x

You have people who care about you. We all do. Even if it’s just our cat… or maybe not, however, the relationships we have our lives greatly effect who we are. For good or for bad.

One of the life hacks that I’m constantly reminding myself of is this:
To become more of what I want to be, I must spend time with those who are greater than me in my chosen profession.

This essentially means that I must stand on the shoulders of greater men and women. I must surround myself with people who are much farther down the journey I’d like to go. I must surround myself with people who make me better, challenge me, and push me to be the best I can be. I must surround myself with people I’d love to emulate and copy.

It is great to be around such people, but in many cases, they don’t care about you, and 99% of the time, they don’t care about you enough to help you change your life. There is almost a 100% certainty that they aren’t going to change your life for you.

However, you do have people who care about you. Deeply. They want the best for your life. They want you to be successful, happy, and content. They want you to reach your dreams, achieve the unachievable, and to succeed in whatever you do.

Today’s exercise is one that came to me through a moment of inspiration.
I took a couple moments to consider what I’m grateful for, and my family, my children, my parents, my close friends, they all came to mind.

As I continued to think, I thought about what they wanted for me, not FROM me.
While I don’t want to live my life according to others, I should always be considerate and thoughtful about what people want FOR me in terms of my success.

This brought my mind to a new thought, and the thought was this:

Would my mother, my father, my brothers and sisters, and even my wife… would they have picked this life for me if they had the power?
Would they be proud of me for what I’ve done?
Would they be disappointed in me?
Would they be inspired by me?
Would they be embarrassed by me?

I deal with emotions like everyone else… and in many ways, I can allow my brain to crush my own spirit in a heartbeat. My brain is very good at discouraging me.

However, this exercise was worthwhile. I mean, shit. I’m on the internet. How much more embarrassing can it get?

Today I’d love for you to share, if you’re willing in TheBitcoin.Pub… what would those who care most about you have for you if they could chose your life for you.
What do you think they would have you do differently?
Do those ideas align with your mission and vision? If not… how could they help you refine your current mission to be better?
What would they say to you?

Healthy introspection is always good. I find that it balances out (for me at least), the grind mode that I get into sometimes. It’s good to come up for air.

Let me share with you what I came to realize through this exercise:
My parents, my siblings, my wife, and even my friends… I believe they would be 100% supportive, of what I’m doing, even if they don’t understand it. For me. That’s enough.

Going Pro - 20 Part Series of Going Bitcoin Professional in Life!

I’m so happy to see this lesson today :slight_smile: We do have people who want us to be successful and they would go great lengths to help us. I didn’t want to disagree with you earlier because I think I could understand what you were saying in a broader sense in that our success is ultimately up to us as individuals. I’m happy for you that you have a beautiful family and group of close friends who support you.

If my father chose my life for me, he would have me become an engineer. My mother told me to be a simple kind of man. I think both of my parents want me to continue my education to become more professional so I am going to do my best to honor those wishes, to gratify my own desires of continuing education as well. I am interested in computer technology and security but I am also considering natural resource management, law, and medicine.

My parents do not want me to use medical marijuana. I can understand their concerns. However, I think that their ideas do align with my mission and vision. Thanks for asking such constructive questions everyday. Fortunately, my parents, girlfriend, family, and a few good friends are very supportive of my hopes and dreams so I count that as a major blessing. :pray:

As far as the crypto lifestyle, my family for the most part gets it.

But I no longer see any point in asking what they would choose for me. I think they’re bad at making the quantum leap that is required to understand my preferences, disposition, mission, and vision.

You sort of have to know if you are a leader or a follower. It was generally a mistake to follow the views of my relatives at all. I should be the leader.

In fact, I got them into crypto.

i really appreciate the transcription, btw. thanks for doing that.

The people that matter to me support me and are, I’m sure, proud of the person I am. My career as an engineer, my values, my integrity. My family does not completely support my choice of divorce or my cryptocurrency investments, but they do not understand either situation and why they are both beneficial to me. I don’t need them to. Both are what’s best for me and eventually they will get it. Even if they don’t, it doesn’t matter to me. Sometimes we must do what’s best for ourselves, not what others want us to do because it fits their reality instead of my own.

Everybody around me would be proud of what I have achieved in 4 years in real estate, however some may wish that I worked harder at it and had more success, or that I started sooner than I did. My parents would be especially proud. The only thing is that if the people around me knew that I wasn’t really excited about it anymore, they would want me to change to something I was excited about. What I am excited about is cryptos, trading, surfing, dogs, my family/home life and the growing cannabis industry! I am actively searching for and am open to new opportunities (so if anyone has any ideas, please share them!).

All in all, I think everyone wants me to be successful (which is ultimately, happy and content). A lot of my friends want me to be wildly successful so that they can follow my lead and be successful too!

Hell, I’m proud of you. Hope that counts. Never stop reinventing yourself. We’ve only got one life but within that we have a lot of chances at doing something special.

I’m lucky I know that my family & the people around me are supportive of whatever I have chosen or currently doing as long as i’m happy.
I feel blessed in that regard as i know they truely just want me to be happy with whatever i’m doing & they are all good with that.
It’s my own self that sometimes bares down on me with self doubt. I am trying to learn to deal with this.

My families are all proud of what I have become and who I am. That is a statement about this very second. But throughout life, they have pushed me to be better, in some cases asked me to slow down, at times I have embarrassed them, because we are all human and most of all they have never stopped loving me. I believe that others give you a boost when you need it, but the real fuel has to come within. Otherwise your rocket boosters won’t ever be strong enough to get out of your destiny’s gravitational pull and you will just drift back down and settle into orbit. An orbit you probably won’t like or be 100% jazzed about!

To Da Moon :rocket::rocket:

As long as what I am doing can financially provide and makes me happy I am very confident those that are closest to me would be supportive no matter what I do. Now all I have to do is prove that I can support/provide for myself, mostly prove it to myself.

Great questions!

My family and close friends are supportive of the lifestyle I’m trying to build but my parents think I should stick with my job a bit longer to save more and build a larger buffer. I don’t think my family would pick this life for me if they knew how unhappy I am with my work-life balance. I think the inconsistency between my vision and what they would choose for me is due to differing beliefs in how obtainable financial freedom is.

I am very blessed! My family is very supportive. My parents are very proud of my choices and trust my decisions. They have never pushed me into a particular career or mindset. We have had several discussions around my path and even crypto, and they are super excited. My dad has even started getting into Crypto :slight_smile:. I even invited him (and he accepted) to the Pub!

My family is very proud of what I have become. Now my mom has ALWAYS believed that I should let my “man” or “partner” take 100% financial care of me. That way life does not work for me. My success happened because of the hard work, long hours, and sacrificing all that sleep we need to function. Now because of my hard work, sacrifice and success I can help take care of her. Has that changed the way she feels about it? No. I don’t need her too. I am the happiest I’ve ever been. My life is better then I could have ever imagined. My husband and my children are my rocks. They keep me focused and inspire me to keep learning and improving. I couldn’t do this without their support.

“as long as what youre doing is creating value for other people, we love you”

These are difficult questions every last one of them. My family has always been supportive of my decisions because they believed in me, so I am not sure if they would personally have chosen anything differently if they had the opportunity. I have been in a very bad place for most of my adult life, so now that I am finally pulling myself together, I think that they are proud that I managed it on my own. I know my wife is proud of me, but at the same time she wishes that I would have more time to spend with her, so it’s a delicate balance.

Being a first generation Filipino that means my parents want me to be a nurse. Which I am not lol, but my girl is very supportive of my crypto investment and ventures. But one of my moon goals is to buy a house in Florida for my parents next to my moms sisters which is her dream. I’m sure will be very supportive of that lol and in line with my mission and vision.

This is a good one. well my wife supports me 100%. I’ve been into cars my hole life and she put me through school to be a better mechanic that can manage a shop too. she got me started in BTC in December. We started to do research as the market dropped. and waited till the bottom then and it went down again. we both lost money but its all good. she supported me to get my mining rig up and going and now we are trying to get a gpu farm going lol. now thats support

my brothers are both on board with me and all that I do. My middle brother is a gamer that hates the high prices of gpus. but I just got him on board with mining on his comp with nicnhash. my baby bro has my back no questions asked. he is my body guy, my video editor for youtube and is helping with the mining rig.

my mom supports me as long as I don’t ask for money at all!!

My dad loves that I work on cars and bikes. I just told him about my btc and my rig. and he was not that supportive of btc. thinks its fake and will go away and the bubble just popped. after taking and explaining what cryptos represented he was more open than I’ve ever known him to be. I feel like I half convinced the most stubborn man that cryptos are good and they are not going away soon. he said he would look more into btc. I was shocked!!!

when I was 18 19 and 20 I was a good for nothing drug addict. heroin crack and Weed. I was homeless and my family had all turned there back on me. I was stealing cars for drug money and all that crap. then it happened I hit MY ROCK BOTTOM!!!
found my love of my life and started to fix my self little at a time. Now my hole family supports me and is behind me 100% I believe.

Well this is a good one… with nuclear family except for my brother thanks to him am in this space. The thing with family they only believe once they see strangers celebrate you. Well let’s just say my wife is yet to see the light bulb… planning to surprise them soon. My parents would have loved that be an accountant… figures guy… Am glad I took this trijectory… not looking back.

I have the support of my close family and they have my support in all they do.
I would like to think they want only only success and happiness for me.
Ultimately it’s only I who can achieve those goals for myself. I do believe that our best path in life is the one we choose to take, not one that is set out by someone else.

My mom is always supportive no matter how stupid, intellectual or odd my ideas might be. I think that she will always have the best interest for me and support me to become 100% successful in this hourney.

I surround myself with great people and eliminate waste, as we’ve discussed. We can only improve our lives by gathering the best of our ideas and collaborating with positive people.

I can’t believe we are near the finish, but we still have so much to learn!