#B90X - DAY 62 - Amateurs are Addicts. Artists are Pros

b90x

Have you ever noticed that addicts are extremely interesting people?
Addiction itself is excruciatingly boring. It’s boring because it’s predictable - the lies, the evasions, the transparent self-justifications and self-exonerations.
The addict himself, is often a colorful and fascinating person!

An addicts life reads like a great novel. Packed with drama, conflict, intrigue, epic loss, and maybe even redemption. They are fascinating and boring at the same time!

Addicts have predictable behavior patterns, that often get them into a lot of trouble… and most of the time, lead to a destructive lifestyle.

Artists, on the other hand are professionals.

While addicts allow for auto-pilot behavior patterns to rule their lives, artists are those who command their behaviors. Command their habits. Take control of their own lives.

Artists and professionals are tired of the bullshit in their lives and have grown so bored with the petty and insignificant routines of life. The master their habits. They bend their habits to their will.

You see, the addict and the artist have the exact same material to work from.
The only difference is, the artist realizes their habits and changes.

It’s an uncomfortable topic to talk about addictions. They come in many different forms, the usual come to mind: alcohol, drugs, or any type of self-sabotage activities.
New ones have emerged: web surfing, texting, twittering, facebooking, instagramming, snapchatting, and even reddit trolling.

How do you know you’re addicted to something. Or better put, how do you know that you’re doing something that has no bearing on personal improvement?

Easy. You measure it. Where is your time going?

In today’s B90X, I’d love to run an experiment. It’s in 2 parts:
1 - Tell us, where did your time go yesterday? If you can remember. Tell us, what did you do? Where did you spend your time?
2 - Today, take stock of what you’re doing with your time. Like always, with any type of introspection activity, the results usually surprise you. Where are you spending your time today?

Going Pro - 20 Part Series of Going Bitcoin Professional in Life!

I have a terrible sleep schedule which is why i’m up for this. I probably discovered bitcoin because I stroll on reddit a lot.

Lately my time has been invested towards reading and organizing.

It’s a good start but I think I might have to take extreme action and get rid of my cell phone. Still haven’t figured out how to do it yet because I use 2fa apps.

I used to be most efficient when I went to starbucks every morning. Yes I know that’s an expense but it is also a useable office space where I just focus and get things done.

Yesterday - Took the day off work to take my kids to the dentist in the morning, followed by lunch with the whole family. Went home and bought some Bitcoins at the ATH. Did a bit of research on how to autorun my miner during a hardware reset. Played some Destiny 2 on the PC, then switched off the PC screens to binge-watch Season 1 of Mr. Robot with my wife.

Today - Went to work and ate too many Halloween doughnuts in the office. Went to the gym to work off the doughnuts. Checked out the BitcoinPub for any news, checked the charts, happy to seen new ATH on Bitcoin. Post here for a while. Shut down the PCs and continue to watch Mr. Robot with a glass of red wine.

On the topic of the new Mcafee video, “how to do what you love” probably should be a book in itself because that is not always a simple thing to do. Maybe I will write it myself one day.

Maybe there is a dedicated post for this…

Yesterday I was cooking all day and discussing cryptos :slight_smile: I am trying to become a better artist in the kitchen and the results are beginning to show as I dedicate more time to it.

Today I went shopping for groceries, I am practicing some more culinary arts, and I will follow through on my Tuesday work out plan later this evening :smiley:

I know that I am addicted to something when it becomes automated and habitual without producing positive results. I know that I am doing something that has no bearing on personal improvement when the results become toxic and detrimental to myself and those that I love.

I am making efforts to put my time into education, healthy socialization, and self improvement through exercise and positive relationship with self. I have been embracing the ideas of lifestyle design and a block chain designed lifestyle. I want to be “addicted” to healthy things but also practice self control and temperance.

I somehow DATE addicts! WTF! You’re right, they are fascinating people. But when you get to know them better, find out that they are addicts in some way (and some, in many ways all at once) and that their habits are self-destructive and not productive or healthy for them or for you to have around, you realize that they just don’t fit in your life. Small town dating sucks!

Luckily, I am not that kind of addict. But the bitcoin pub and always striving to form and reinforce healthy habits? GUILTY.

I spent most of yesterday educating myself on crypto, trying to move a small portion of the altcoin I’m HODLing out of novaexchange before it closes, and trying to be helpful to motivate the dev to get said altcoin into another exchange so it doesn’t die before he gets it re-developed. I finished reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (what a struggle, it became dry and boring to me), and then got all caught up on Season 3 of Mr. Robot, because I’ve been on the go for weeks and needed a break from smashing goals.

I rarely waste time on unproductive things. I definitely reward myself with wild and crazy things, but only in moderation. I’ve got shit to do. No time to waste on silly addict things.

Yesterday I had an appointment with a client at 11 AM so I took care of stuff around my house in the morning and read about cryptos and other market stuff. I also traded a little bit of USD/JPY. Then after the appointment (about 2 PM) I came home and started a beef stew for dinner. While that was cooking, my plan was to work on the roof of my shop building, finish the drywall in my living room, and possibly start replacing the window in the bathroom (if I had time). Apparently, I got sidetracked and went straight into autopilot mode, because I’m not sure what I actually did in the afternoon, although I do know that it was not anything from my plan! I suppose I spent most of that time on the computer looking at more trade opportunities with the USD/JPY and cryptos, and also returning a few phone calls from work. The point is I was busy reacting to what came up instead of sticking to a pre-planned time schedule and being in control of my time.

The good news is that today is a new day, so I have the opportunity to plan my day and stick to it, so that’s what I am going to do!

You rock girl. I like your style!

Well thanks. I’m just doing me and where I’m at in life these days. And I’d rather be someone’s glass of whiskey than cup of tea. Not for everyone. This girl is honest and genuine and DNGAF when appropriate. It’s freeing :blush:

I got problems with this as well :slight_smile:

Yesterday i spent a number of hours here on the pub, reading & watching youtube clips on crypto. I was able to as i’ve had the week off work.

I find myself easily wasting time scrolling through instagram constantly daily :frowning: - this is my downfall. I realise it yet i still do it.
The amount of time could easily add up to a couple hours a day - 15 mins here, 15 mins there, 20 mins here, 5 mins there…this will go on all day/night.
It’s a shit habit. I need to break it.

Yesterday was a weekend day and I spent day:

1. Got up at 10am.
  2. Make a cup of tea and begin to catch up at the BitCoin Pub and CryptoGrinders.
  3. Breakfast at 11am and more BCP/CG - finished at 1:30pm
  4. Got a shave and haircut and went grocery shopping (2:30 until 4:00)
  5. 4-5:30 - no idea…was I sleeping with my eyes open? lol
  6. Made dinner and low fat frozen yogurt (5:30 until 7)
  7. Ate dinner and watched the news (7 until 8:30)
  8. Made popcorn and watched the last Planet of the Apes Movie (8:30 - 10:30)
  9. Went to bed.

While I enjoyed the movie, I think it would have been better to have read one of the books on my “Crypto to read list”.

1. The Sovereign Individual, James Dale Davidson
  2. The Internet of Money, Andreas Autonopolous
  3. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
  4. Secrets of the Millionaire’s Mind, T. Harv Eker

To Da Moon!! :rocket::rocket:

Yesterday and today I over slept, I really need to get that taken care of. Willing to take any advice that the Pub has. Continuing on yesterday, I smashed through some B90x videos, doing a few a day. Spent a good hour learning some programming basics, failed to do chart pattern practice, failed to read some of my book. I did get to listen to one of my audibles on my way to my grandmothers, then was with her for a few hours, she is 93. Listened to my audible on the way home, watched a few clips from decentralized TV. I’m trying to improve my time management day by day. I would probably have to admit to being an addict of Crypto though, I am hoping to turn that addiction into art and help add value to the space. Still not sure what is the best way for me to do that at the moment.

Yesterday the majority of my time consisted of taking care of my 6 week old daughter and working. (9-5). I finished off the day watching Netflix with my girlfriend and thinking about stricter safety measure to protect my investments. I would also say that I am addicted to crypto I really enjoy the space but I want to get to a more comfortable mind set. I find myself always scrambling to around worrying about storing/ transferring fund, trying to mentally stay aline with my mission ( down payment on new home). and spending tons of time staring at the BTC chart. I will admit though I have greatly improved since starting I used to wake up in the morning and make arbitrary trades and with no idea what I was doing, its almost laughable thinking back.

It is all about improvement, just keep striving for better and you will get/be better. One small recommendation for your goal/mission would be to shoot a little higher i.e. buying home out right. That is my ‘short’ term crypto goal for myself. I am very anti debt and getting more and more anti fiat daily. I do understand we all have different circumstances and if the need to move is so great getting that down payment via crypto would be a HUDGE accomplishment. In my opinion all goals that are met no matter how large or small are big wins, just getting it done is so hudge, always remember that we have to show up for work tomorrow!

My time yesterday, went straight into my 9 t0 5, and then I dropped like a rock. I started to get into a no non-sense block-chain life style, then my 9 to 5 became more demanding, and it dropped me. That said today I spent to long going to a coffee coffee to wake up, and put off working out too long. I need to time block better.

Yesterday I was at work all day, for 9 hours, I was reading the “4 hour work week” while commuting there and listened to Tony Robbins investment advice on the way back. When I got back I ordered food, did the b90x for the day, ate dinner and then did some work (one tomato) on my website. To finish off the day I wrote in my diary before going to sleep.

It’s tough, I’m in a similar situation and I feel your pain. Try to tomato time at least one thing at the end of the day.
https://tomato-timer.com/

Yesterday was Sunday, so I started the day with the normal routine.
Get my kid some breakfast and get ready for the day.
2 hours in the home office mounting my monitors on the wall and setting up the standing desk.
1.5 hrs on the computer - B90x, checking the markets, daily news, researching some work travel, and sending a couple urgent emails.
4 hrs car shopping for my wife’s car and watching my kid.
2 hours in the park collecting bugs for my son’s bug home.
2 hours going to the store and a restaurant.
The rest of the day was spent cleaning, a good book and sleep.
For today, I have started a log to see where my time goes minute by minute. This will be fun and enlightening!

Tai Chi
Work
Read
Facebook
Movie
Read
Documentary
Read
B90X

I’m gonna get into the habit of sandboxing this stuff to get a better perspective on %s of time consecrated to each…