#b90x - DAY 6 - Eliminate Financial Waste Experiment!

b90x

I have cut out eating out for lunch at work. Daily I was spending anywhere from $15 - $20. I bring my lunch now that on average cost me around $4.

Unfortunately this step has already been trapped out. I have a stay at home wife. We chose this so we are the ones raising our children. With a one income household the budget is squeaky tight. Thrift stores and food pantries help to keep us in the black. And if there is no overtime at work, I start to fall behind on the bills. There are no trips to the movies, no theme parks, no starbucks, no vacations. We are frugal to a fault out of necessity.

Now don’t get sad for me, my life is rich in other ways. Just not money. I am intent on changing that.

I have considered giving up Budweiser, but I’m not sure that is wise at this time in my life.

I did watch the video on buying Bitcoin on coinbase without paying commissions and will be doing that from now on.

I still go and eat out more than I like. As stated yesterday that will change when we move into our house as we do it more for time and eat out for special occasions normally. 99% of the time we meal prep and cook at home. I do have some subscriptions that I use, but maybe I can consolidate them into one I use the most? The rest of my expenses beside Bill’s, which I have lowered already, go to paying off my car and DCA.

I have been know to be tight with money, which is something that I have had to be a little more relaxed with since having a family. I would love to find a way to positively motivate my partner and son to realise the importance of financial responsibility.

I’m irresponsible and financial illiterate!

Time to change with no excuses! TODAY

I have been very frugal since I was very young. On occasion over the years I have had to tighten up a few things ,but for the most part I would be considered fiscally conservative.

Sat down and adjusted budget yesterday to become Quartermaster all in. This month was rough with staying with budget since was my girls birthday month lol. Should’ve DCA her birthday like a vacation.

Iv unsubscribed on services i didnt need like youtube red budgeted on things i buy and sold old stuff i no longer use not going out for a beer or dinner after work

Works out the money i save and made i can put it to better use into dollar cost averaging some coins and pay the patreon as well

My financial waste:
:beers:
:fork_and_knife:
:popcorn:

Stopped my abonnement at the cinema a few days ago. And I’m going to spend less money in restaurant and bars.

This is a copy of my last post. It still stands:

Unfortunately this step has already been trapped out. I have a stay at home wife. We chose this so we are the ones raising our children. With a one income household the budget is squeaky tight. Thrift stores and food pantries help to keep us in the black. And if there is no overtime at work, I start to fall behind on the bills. There are no trips to the movies, no theme parks, no starbucks, no vacations. We are frugal to a fault out of necessity.

Now don’t get sad for me, my life is rich in other ways. Just not money. I am intent on changing that.

I have considered giving up Budweiser, but I’m not sure that is wise at this time in my life.

I did watch the video on buying Bitcoin on coinbase without paying commissions and will be doing that from now on. (This is going well. I am making trades on Coinbase pro with out fees. nice)

So I don’t know to the cent, but I do have a very good idea in terms of how much money I have and where it is, including crypto. Recurring payments are mostly bills, insurance, a few subscriptions. I use very little cash so all my transactions are recorded digitally and I take a peak at them when needed. It would be interesting to do a spread sheet of this though. Something to try canceling could be my audible subscription. I did cancel some other Patreon subscriptions within the last week or so.

Audible is good self investment if you use it a lot

I use it a decent amount, more in spurts but I have found that I’m split 50/50 on books for pleasure and self improvement when I do use it. Once I sit down and do the spread sheet I don’t think this will be something that gets cut actually lol.

This is great advice! Thanks for another awesome video! I’m starting a piggy bank right now. See everyone on the next one!

I cut out extra features on my cell phone, saved $15 a month there…cancelled my HBO now subscription, saved $20 a month there…

We have been living pretty frugal, but I know this summer I was too free with the groceries and not needed items. I need to streamline our grocery bill. It is just hard with a family of 5. I know that we also ate out a lot during the summer and I justified it because I thought we deserved it. I have to take the excess money and either give it to the hubby to invest or use it in my eBay business.