#B90X - Day 56 - Product Design is Thorough

b90x

Nothing must be arbitrary or left to chance. Care and accuracy in the design process show respect towards the customer.

Daily introspection is a crucial element to success.
In good product development, I meet with the teams to discuss every morning where we’re headed and what our goal for the day is.

This is the MINIMUM amount of planning you should have.
In Scrum and Agile product development, this is called a daily scrum or daily standup.

This meeting amongst the team allows us to craft our day. To set the goals for the day, and incrementally execute upon them.

It may seem like overkill to blockchain design every day, but this simple discipline allows you to reduce the chances that you’ll be side-tracked.

Every single morning, I wake up and I set goals for myself.

For example, the other day, I set some goals: I said that I would complete 6 videos in a day. I put it down in the Pub. I let everyone know. This not only motivated me to complete the work I had, but it kept me accountable.

This is a daily exercise… and I guarantee you, it will fundamentally change your life.

Many of us wake up and get into the routine of life. This is exactly what is killing us!
The routines of life are mindless. They are passive. They guarantee consistency. However, we can be consistently passive till the day we die.

What I find fascinating is that many people that I meet walk through life so cautiously so that when they reach the end, they have experienced nothing near the full potential that life has to offer. It’s like they tip-toe through life to die safely.

I don’t want to die safely. I want do die valiantly. I want to leave the world in a better place. If anything, I’d love my tombstone to read: “He tried and failed. A lot. But he had a rich and fulfilling life for doing so.” Or something like that.

A blockchain designed life is on that is planned. It’s articulated. It’s written down.
It’s a daily discipline.

In today’s B90X program, I’d love for you to begin thinking about how to craft your life daily. Write it down. Let us know how you’ll begin. We’d love to encourage you!

Good Product Design - B90X 12 PART SERIES

Today I was working on a third party device which I have access to its SDK and its libraries…
The sample example application provided by the vendor is poorly written and they don’t help at all.
So I need to figure out how their SDK works…
I am trying to make a very simple implementation of it and create a binary file which I can then call it from my application.

It is taking me quiet sometime to understand it and I am not good at C++ either :slight_smile:
Spent whole day today to accomplish a basic communication & I feel like an idiot at times & still did not complete the things that I wanted to complete in the beginning of the day.
Mostly to do with technical debt but also expectations.
How can I unblock this difficulty?

My father gave me some of the best advice when I first started out in sales. he told me to remember Willie Loman, the salesman in Death of a Salesman where Willie is a sales guy every day of his working life and pretends to be someone other than who he really is and is someone who fails to make changes to his life that could make him and his family happy. Deep down he is sad. Don’t be Willie he would tell me. Each day, evaluate your life. If you like it, keep it. If you don’t change it. You are in control, you are also the one to blame if you don’t like who you turn out to be. Great advice…

If I remember correctly he also destroyed his family. His marriage and his son. Don’t be a willie

Today I would like to start the day by facing my most feared issues that I have been putting off for a while, and from this day forward I want to get 1 step forward everyday.

I’ve always been into goals and planning and getting things done. About 6 months ago I found a new tool that I’ve been using that has helped me to focus on living a meaningful life. It’s called Rituals for Living Dreambook and goes hand in the hand with the awesome book The Well Life by Briana and Dr. Peter Borten. It walks you through how to connect yourself with the 6 main areas of life, discover your core values and gifts, realize your purpose, create your vision of the future in those areas, and break it down into goals from Lifetime>10 years>3 years>1 year>Quarterly>Monthly>Daily. You plan each month and quarter and the weekly bootcamp layout shows your Top 3 Goals, your Focus, your Tasks, your Rituals for Thriving (bullet points/habits to strive for) and a daily “I’m Grateful For…” space. There’s space for journaling weekly and at the end of a quarter, along with a Life Edits section and planning for the next quarter. I can’t say enough how valuable this tool has been. Combine that with this tool, the goalsontrack app I just started using to visual my progress on the measurable goals, and the Bitcoin Pub, and I am really feeling even more driven than usual.

My goal for today & the last week has been to watch, learn, retain & contribute to this B90x series.
I’m happy to say i’ll probably up to date & be on par in the next day or so. :smile:

I managed to get it done! Took me over a week to do but it has been implemented! :smiley:

My goal daily is to learn something new everyday (anything)…why some might ask…this is because the more knowledge you have the better decisions you will make…:smiley:

Woke up late :expressionless:, crushing out some B90x videos, do my technical analysis patterns training, do at least 1 hour of learning to code, read my book for at least 30 minutes, going to visit my grandmother. If time permits upon getting home learn more coding and crush some more B90x. I would like to watch some decentralized TV but at the moment B90x has most of my attention.

My goals for today are…
-work out
-study angular, and finish forms assignment
-b90x

Right Now:
-work out - done
-study - part way done, but not assignment yet
-b90x - done

I started making daily, weekly, monthly and yearly plans around mid-January, however, I tend to set the daily goals very high and often don’t achieve them. I think I should start setting the number of tomatoes (sessions) that I want to spend on a task instead, or maybe just make the goals more achievable. :thinking:

Today I’ve already been working on my website, I’m planning to finish a post today on the website, go food shopping, start working on a different page on the website, go for a swim, clear up the website and play football.

It’s good that you set time for reading your book, I’m going to start putting reading books/listening to podcasts in my daily goals :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see the website!