#B90X - DAY 50 - Good Design Makes a Product Useful

b90x

My distractions are reading manga weekly which I developed to save time from watching anime lol. 7 minute read compared to 20 minutes.

Discord and crypto forums especially during bear markets :violin:

Im being useful to myself by researching into everything im invested in thoroughly, keep up to date with the latest news and new technology so im always prepared, eating healthy and staying active.

I could cut out the use of facebook alot more, subscriptions i no longer use

Overall its not perfect but im feeling good about my progress since the start of B90X with cutting out going out to eat and drink and buying takeaway and cooking at home instead and started budgeting

Whoo hoo! Just returned from our annual family vacation at the beach and now that I am all relaxed up, ready to rejoin the B90X grind.

I realized during my time there that I had forgotten how to relax, how to chill, and how to do it efficiently……there is a time for everything, and a block chain lifestyle needs to do everything efficiently. So I set my mind to it and learned to enjoy the food, the drink, the day, the relatives……….ride some waves and live in the moment.

Now I’m back and focused on this trail, the one we are all on to get to the moon. Focusing on the moment, the current hour and day….while working toward a long range goal. That is how I am being useful to myself.

I find that I can only truly focus on one or two areas at a time and stick to it. I’m easily distracted by Youtube videos, ad video games, unrelated tasks, emails and people coming and going. I think they call it Shiny Object Syndrome. Time blocking and day planning my essentials would be a good system for me.
DAY 50 – Goal: Get to the moon in five years. :last_quarter_moon_with_face::first_quarter_moon::first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Note to self: Buy a rocket. :rocket:

My distractions are much less then they used to be since focusing on B90X.
I hate to say that my time bandit is The Bitcoin Pub Discord chat. But at the same time it is something that is needed for the comradery of the like minded. It steels my time from doing the B90X and working my strategies out. So, I do not do it much it as of now, but wont cut it out entirely.

I have been useful to myself by showing my wife how committed I am to improving our condition, and in so doing, she has committed to raising her standards for her eBay store so that she is concentrating on selling more profitable merchandise. I am trying to get her to do B90X, but I doubt she will, but it is not out of the realm entirely.

What I need to do to cut waist is to dial in my nightly to do list so I can knock out my actions of importance with intention. This is my next action. While I am thinking about the things that need to be done when I get off of work, I will write it down so it does not get lost in the quagmire of my mind

What has helped keeping waste at bay, is when I see something that my immediate family tries to do, which is sideways to my vision and mission, I point to the mirror in my bedroom with my vision and mission on it and they realize that the hustle is on, and their deviation will not be tolerated. But what I did not expect, was my children get it and have not been complaining. They might not be happy about it, but they realize that there is a bigger game going on and they are part of it.

I have gotten rid of Facebook completely about 3-4 years ago. I quit Instagram about 4-5 months ago( I sometimes get on to see what my wife post, but after scrolling like 3 post of other people I’m like “wow, this is trash, I can’t believe I wasted so much time on this.” I hadn’t played video games in about 3 months now… however I have time boxed for a match because I’m not going to waste the money I dropped into my gaming rig, and it makes me happy. Moderation is key. I play 2-3 games(30 min avg) a week which I timebox 45 minutes for just in case it goes over. If its 20 minutes, I get more reading time or something. I’m also timeboxing when I MUST be in bed in order to ensure I get enough sleep and am ready to grind.

Distractions - I’ve never had Facebook. But, I have realized I have way too many things that do not bring enough value to my life to warrant keeping.

Time bandits- Too many things to think about that serve no purpose or do not bring value to me.Example zero value = wondering which vehicle needs the next oil change.

What am I doing to be useful to myself? I am minimalizing!

What do I need to do to cut out waste? This is really funny because I started this today prior to watching this video. I have put all my vehicles for sale except my oldest most faithful truck. My new rule is - unless it brings great value to my life, I will either give it to someone who needs it so they can worry about it or sell it. Then put that money towards paying my mortgage off. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

btw, I do have beer in the house :beers: :laughing:

My distraction last post is what I use to be useful to myself now by documenting the process and making content lol.

I’m being useful by improving myself and learning new skills. I would say my biggest time suck is when I get into the momentum of bouncing around from “extra” activities of watching random shit or doing random tasks for others. I need to be better with being intentional with my available time to do the hustles I’m striving for.

Hell ya. Turn up the grind, turn up the stress. It makes a man thirsty for beer.

With all the responsibilities that I juggle throughout the day I have had to use every time and project management hacks that I can just for us to survive. I have to make the most of every minute that I can in order to accomplish what is required to care and provide for my family.

I know I wear a lot of hats in order to get things done so I’ve been working on creating systems and building income to hire others to do those jobs/tasks that are not my priority, like housekeeping, so that I can invest more time focusing on the job/task that will accomplish my goals and vision.

If something isn’t improving or moving my life forward then it isn’t in my life. And that includes the time waste of other peoples drama and issues. I have too much on my plate to deal with any crap so I don’t allow it in my life. May sound harsh but it’s truth.

Thanks Peter, always great content, appreciate it.

Where are you being useful for yourself? I never stop moving. All day long… I’m doing laundry, washing dishes, cooking, taking care of gr, gardening, videoing, editing… something. I never stop until i hit the bed. then i die. this is how i am useful. i just get shit done.

Where do you need to cut out excess waste? I have been trying so hard to make time for everything that I ‘feel’ like i need to get done. lately, i have not had as much time in discord and live streams. I hate it. but it’s the only thing that i have that i can possibly cut. I am super busy getting things ready for the spring garden rush. I don’t have any wasted time that I can think of. I cut facebook and all social media out a long time ago. I will monitor this over the next few days to see if there’s anything that I can possibly cut.

There is a deep connection, me as a product and environment where I live in.
I remember not very long time ago, where I been in Poland and how productive I been.
Of course, I don’t wanna idealize that time, but certainly, I was in a much better state what couse much better outcome.
I was definitely useful for myself but also for the community. I’m looking for possibilities to move out so I can focus more on me and the grind.