#b90x - DAY 19 - Technical Analysis 101 - Spinning Tops and Doji?

b90x

just to clarify, does a Doji have a smaller body than a spinning top? I understand that both indicate equalization in price, but what would be the main difference?

They are relatively the same for all intents and purposes.

thanks for taking the time to answer my question Peter

I gotchu fam! :slight_smile: :rocket:

Can someone explain what these two numbers represent? I assume one of them are volume, since the size of the candles below the graph seems to line up with the left number.

Been watching since Friday, unfortunately there’s a lot of dojis in the market right now. Wishing for some more tops.

My analysis over :icx: must say I had fun with this chart and scanning the past week, its a nice experience starting to read charts and see patterns instead of just giberish like before :joy:

Not sure if I got all the patterns correct, especially isolating between spinning top’s and Doji’s but it looks like ICX is going through some strong consolidation right now!

Really looking forward to the next TA video Dogelord and doing my homework :doge:

Wow. Very excellent.
The section after the 3 black crows is a “gap.”

Thank you! means a lot Dogelord :beers:

Okay so after the Three black crows its a gap so would a period of consolidation would of had to have been longer? What is the difference between a Gap and consolidation?

Cheers!

Ahh seems I got ahead of myself :joy:

Its quite interesting to watch an analyse… am happy I was able to read expect the price movement yesterday night. One question though when looking at say a 30min session do I focus on the opening candle sticks or closing sticks for this particular session. Like what are the benefits and difference of looking at a 30min session, 1hour session, 1 day session? .

Yes first is volume, second is the moving average of the volume. Tradingview default has it set at 20.

even understanding what a doji or a spinning top is…it s very hard to say rather it s going down or up…
i got anyway when you see them is beter to wait

Watched EOS today on 30 minute intervals with tradingview. Lots of doji. Thanks for putting all this good info in one place. Helping reaffirm some of my transactions since starting… while questioning others. hah

Thanks again for the great explanation! I was worried that this section woud be over my head, but you’ve definitely taken the newbies into acount. Thank you Sir!

Doji, or DOGE!

Sorry, couldn’t help it. :sunny:

I still use TA on my day trading stocks, but still have a lot to learn. Doji’s and spinning tops have gotten me stuck a few times in a trade because I was assuming it would head in a certain direction. You are right, follow a few sessions after to determine market patterns. Thanks Peter!

Well im a neo fan. what i see is a spinning top or a doji then 3 sessions and you can see what its trying to do. this is great info. wow

Tried looking at EOS and Fusion. It seemed to me that spinning tops and doji indicate indecision but after that the trend may or may not change. If we wait for 2-3 sessions to determine the direction it may as well change at that very moment to another one. I will be looking at these patterns more but for now I have not find any consistent decision basis for myself. I think I need more time and practice in this one to make up my mind.