#b90x - DAY 11 - Timebox all Things!

b90x

That would be a great way to start man. Hope you can figure something out!

@kimchi said it, it does take a lot of discipline. It is also important to understand that emergencies can take us away from out timeboxing, a true test of your discipline would be jumping right back to timeboxing!

Time to make time boxing my bitch… Thanks to @Trilamanila for the advice in discord, and the other guys have some great ideas.

I see time-boxing as a very powerful tool. I can also see how it can improve a persons production dramatically.
Unfortunately, time-boxing does not work in my life at this time.
I have way too much randomity in my universe. I need to be able to bend to the ebbs and flows of life.
I do have a high production solution for my personal situation, which has worked for years.
I work in cycles of action. I do one thing at a time until that action is 100% complete. If it is a big project, I will break it up into a lot of smaller actions that can be attacked one at a time. If i am in the middle of a cycle of action I will not let someone interrupt me until I am finished.
This allows me to get things done, and bend to chaos which is my universe.
As far as time-boxing is concerned, I love the idea, and at a future date, I will re-look at applying it in my life, but right now, I cannot.

Ok I’ve been trying to do this a lot more lately - not as much as Peter lol but still - - I’m about to time box my next hour and knock out some work for decentralized art shows and cryptovixens…

I finally made it to the time box episode!

I have to make time to make videos for YouTube! and for my Alpha Cohorts! I’m making a time box for my cohorts right along side with my b90x time box… I’m good with boxes, more time boxes to come!

Thanks for another great day on the b90x challenge! See you all tomorrow!

I have been successful in doing this in my business. I usually give myself time chunk to list in Ebay. Then I also use this technique for I when I ship out the items. I think the toughest part for me is running the household and the kids aspect. I seemed to get wrapped up in their activities. That’s when productivity falls apart.

It is funny that this is a video, I actually timeboxed my crypto learning today, so that I do my running around in the afternoon to make sure I dont just get caught up in research.

It’s funny for me that I have been implementing timebox into my and my family’s lives using timers, calendars and journaling to accomplish things without ever knowing that it’s called “timebox”. I can see how I can easily incorporate what I’m doing naturally into working with a team to accomplish my project. However I am still unclear which project management system or tools would be best for me to learn so that I am able to work more effectively with team members, especially programmers (or is it more appropriate to say engineers?). Any suggestions?

As for my timebox, my timer is set for 15 minutes to do B90X. Today my schedule is fitting around my husbands hospitalizations so I’m fitting in my study time around his sleeping time.

Next work week is a better example of what I do daily.
3 hours homeschooling
1 hours wealth building
2 hours project (VARWEE)
2 hours tech learning
5 hours (broken up) Mom/caregiver

I kinda use my own version of kanban, again not knowing that’s what it was called, and work towards moving things to the “completed” area. I break things down into 5, 10 or 15 minute increments inside my allotted time frame. This keeps me focused on what I need to do during my designated timeframes.

My biggest struggle or lesson that I have is that it’s ok to stop. Sometimes my timer goes off and I get caught in the hyper focus drive to get it done now only to cause issues in other areas. So I’m really working on being ok to stop when the time is up even if what I’m working on isn’t fully completed.

@jonathan82 Thank you for sharing this. It was very informative and helpful for me. :grin:

Nothing will be boxed for the rest of today but I will be time boxing the review of assessments and reports to write for the up coming week. This will start tomorrow as I look to complete a report and continue spending time with my brother.

Interesting will start to do this right away thank you