#b90x - DAY 11 - Timebox all Things!

b90x

One must say no! I say “no” to 99% of all things!

haha Yes I did think of that in regards to streaming, speaking off when is next stream! starting to miss them. I didn’t get any notifications for last conspiracy Sunday, did you host one :anguished:?

I forget. I think my last was Sunday. I’ll jump start it again in a couple days. Need to recoup a bit.

I have an angular project I have looking to accomplish. Until today I have been just going until I drop on it. Now I will time box my work and attempt to work more efficiently.

This is what I have been looking for! I and studying for my first IT certifications and can definitely use this concept to help me study. This will also help me create a more consistent work flow.

5:20 - 6:00 - washup/brushteeth (10min) & meditate/pray/read (30min)
6:00 - 6:15 - eat breakfast
6:15 - 7:15 - commute into city and to the gym
7:15 - 8:45 - gym/shower/get ready for work
8:45 - 8:30 - WORK
8:30 - 9:45 - commute home
9:45 - 10:45 - read up on crypto/whitepapers/bitcoinpub
11:00 - 5:20 - sleep

This is really useful. I find if I sit down and work in 30-45min blocks with a 10-15min break in between I can get way more done then if I just sit down and try to work on something with no time limits. It is way easier to wander if you feel like you have no time limit on what you are doing.

This is kinda funny. In the waste elimination I timelined what I do for the week. I’m unaware that I already use this. I could get better and set a timer but with the limited time after work I am on a timer naturally. I could use this on some weekend days however because I do want to incorporate more reading/research time.

Fantastic idea. I’ve been writing down my daily schedule since a few weeks, but it’s not always that I move on to the next task when the time starts. I might continue doing the last task for a while longer even if that time passed. My morning ritual of running and Wim Hof training is feeling pretty solid by now, but I will absolutely start timeboxing my workout and Japanese studies to get more strict and efficient.

I want to timebox my reading schedule and study schedule. I’ve already mapped out the goal for how much I want to study per week and the number of books I want to read this year. This timeboxing technique will really help me hit these goals.

Tried timeboxing my studies today, and it felt a lot more efficient. Those 5min breaks were absolutely essential to stay focused.

The first thing I can start off is replying back to this post - just focus on creating and finishing it in a period of time, rather than let it drag out!

I can see how this is powerful, especially if you are working some other job or have multiple side hustles. With my Print on Demand business, setting a set time period for when to do the designs would force me to get the work done.

With trading, that could mean studying TA, watching videos on crypto or research. Might as well keep on facing the direction I want to go! Build that momentum.

Darcy C

Similar method to what I use. I use the time management and battle rhythm, learned while serving in our military. My work load is not intense as Peter’s, so my time is very easy to manage.

Today I was set to do my morning sphere of silence, dropped my kids at school, did some reading. Had a meeting with 2 clients. Unfortunately my 3rd meeting rescheduled to tomorrow. Doing a bit of crypto reading and catching up with the market… seeing lots of red…but am not worried. Infact I have put in $100 for a long term trade. So yes my timebox today is achieved. Lets see about tomorrow.

I been slowly doing this and trying to put my girl on too as far as time management but she’s an artist so you know how tough that could be. We go to the gym and I read anytime I see myself sitting down doing nothing I’m not super strict as far as time but I can do better l but I do implament if I ain’t eating cleaning cooking or working my body I need to work my brain. I deactivate my cable to so I pretty much read work study workout and now follow the pub everyday lol

Timeboxing. I like it. I’ve never heard of it before but it does make sense. I’ts okay if I don’t finish a full chapter. It’s okay to set a time limit and pick up again tomorrow. So simple, but such a grand idea. I think this will make me more productive in the long run because I won’t beat myself up for not finishing and working on other things that also need my attention at the same time. Thanks!

I always get one job done then move to the next. If I have to leave something behind it never leaves my mind and i’m back at it till it is finished even if it makes for a long day. I can’t seem to leave things hanging for the next day. You never know what the next day may bring, another new project… yeahhhh

I implemented timeboxing today and by the afternoon I was actually ahead of the game. I stayed in my box and any unscheduled activities which were not an emergency got a box in the afternoon. I like how well my morning flowed into the afternoon. I actually completed most tasks earlier so I need to load up on my afternoon box because if today was any indication I will be able to get more done than I am used to. Love this idea.

This is definitely something I know helps in my productivity, along with making written to do lists and using the Pomodoro technique. It forces me to focus and be productive, neither of which come naturally to me, haha.

I will get serious with timeboxing again starting right now!

Excellent idea. I have been thinking about this concept independently without knowing it was referred to as “timeboxing”. I have streamlined my goals in life - Diet, Exercise, Work, Crypto, Brotherhood, Family. Timeboxing will further allow me to dial in my focus on those 6 core aspects of my life.